The Batman killer in Colorado reminds us all once again of the argument from evil that is the best defense against Jehovah's Witnesses at the front door, friends who "pray for you," and all others still clinging to the God Delusion.  My favorite explication of the argument was put forth by John L. Mackie, the Australian philosopher.  He demonstrated the utterly fallacious claim that God is both good and omnipotent, since an all powerful good deity cannot but prevent evil, leaving one to wonder why it occurs with such regularity.  James Eagen Holmes disproves the existence of God by murder of innocent total strangers.  Those who counter with the claim that God gave man free will and thus it is man who makes such evil choices simply ignore the obvious: God could have made certain that Holmes would choose good over evil, and thus many lives would have been saved.

Views: 434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Asa, I am a Republican and have been my entire life. I have only been a stanch non-theist for a few years but I started leaning that way in 2004. I have always believed that Republicans stood for less goernment in our private lives so they would have time for the real issues, building the economy and protecting the nation; they have failed at both.  I had always beleived in voting for the best person running but recently with all of the BS the Bush family did to help crash the economy and all of the Republican dittoheads running for office I vowed never to vote for a republican again unless he openly confesses that the GOP is wrong and the party needs to be overhauled.

James, I agree with you. Family and traditions and role models brought utter hell into many lives in our line and there is no reason to hold on to such ties. Family is more than blood ties. True family consists of those who nourish and inspire one. That family is worthy of love, devotion and commitment. 

Rick, that is exactly the correct question and the "god thankers" should be held accountable for their responses. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service