Well, I get weepy during the second act on of Strauss's Der Rosenkavalier each time I hear it, so it forces me to soberly admit I have feelings; I am not an unfeeling atheist.  With all the religious goings-on some of the lonely get lonelier if they are non-believers.  During these holidays, which tend to converge due to their pagan polytheoretical beginnings, some of us feel "left out" (no, I did not say "left behind," which is another story entirely).  But if some friend asks why you bother to go through the holidays at all, it's winter and  you could simply hibernate like a bear.  The following is your answer.  No matter what the season, this sort of nonsense (literally) never seems to get crazier and crazier, the post hoc reasoning becoming so common that believers find all manner of "results" to match the looniest "causes."  From the I-Kid-U-Not Department the following news bulletin:

Sam Morris, pastor at the Tennessee-based Old Paths Baptist Church, blamed increasing gun violence in schools because, without God, schools were nothing but  “mind-control centers” teaching “junk about evolution” and “how to be a homo.”

“We get all up in arms about 20 children being shot in a day care but we don’t give one good-glory rip about the 4,000 that were removed violently from the wombs of their mothers [in abortion procedures] the same day....I believe they use children and Christmas and all that to pull on our heart strings about gun control. That’s what it’s all about.”

He went suggest that authorities should take the body of shooter Adam Lanza "and string him up in public and set his body on fire and leave it out there to let the birds pick his bones.”

“We’re going to see more of this. Because notice, the first thing in America we start yelling about is gun control is gun control. Have you noticed that? Gun control. No one’s even thought about the fact that these shootings only happened at places where guns are banned. Have you noticed that? They have never had a mass shooting at a gun show, where you can find over a thousand loaded guns at one time.”

There are no holidays for atheists.  We must be vigilant in exposing these dunces for the liars and swindlers they are.  There is no god but Man.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If what this pastor says is true could someone explain to me why many European counties that have much higher rates of atheists don't have nearly as many mass shootings?  Many also have more open access to abortion.

The difference may be that Europeans generally trust their government.  Many here do not. Also, they are not greedy.  I saw an interview with a British doctor who lived in a modest London apartment, drove a small, inexpensive car, &c.  Most doctors here drive Mercedes-Benzes or better.

I think I want to move...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Ted Foureagles replied to MattyLJ's discussion Are you clean and organized?
18 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Freethinker31's discussion Is America still the land of Opportunity?
29 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
43 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
47 minutes ago
k.h. ky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
John Jubinsky liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god
1 hour ago
Neanderthal Man liked Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Punk Rock Anarchiste Français (écoutez la musique)
1 hour ago
John Jubinsky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Leader of the Church of England doubts the existence of god in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion How to Have Your Fake and Beat it, Too: Atheists Refused Right to Give Invocation in the group Atheism & the Law
1 hour ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to MattyLJ's discussion Are you clean and organized?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service