A couple of weeks ago I took a class on how to facilitate non-violent direct action protests and will be facilitating a seminar next weekend. Seminars will be held through-out the country. The goal is to train 100,000 people.

Next week, I'm attending a 99% Spring action training This spring, the 99% is rising up to confront the rampant greed and deliberate manipulation of our democracy and our economy by a tiny minority in the 1%. I'll be joining progressives nationwide who will, In the span of just one week from April 9-15, be trained to tell the story of what happened to our economy, learn the history of non-violent direct action, and use that knowledge to take action on campaigns to win change.

I'm asking you if you will join in. The more people we can get trained, the bigger the 99% Spring will be.

Click here to see if there's a training near you and RSVP:

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=274086&id=38788-20156444-uahogwx&t=4

Thanks! 

Tags: 99%, Action, Capitalism, Change, Climate, Democracy, Direct, Economy, Fair, Non-Violent, More…OWS, Occupy, Protest, Street, Taxes, Wall

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now there are 946 events planned. The link above can be used to sign up to be a host. 

We're at a crossroads as a country. In recent years, millions have lost their jobs, homes have been foreclosed, and an unconscionable number of children live in poverty. We have to stand up to the people who caused of all this and confront the rampant greed and deliberate manipulation of our democracy and our economy by a tiny minority in the 1%.

Inspired by Occupy Wall Street and the fight for workers in Madison, Wisconsin, the 99% will rise up this spring. In the span of just one week, from April 9-15, 100,000 people will be trained to tell the story of what happened to our economy, learn the history of non-violent direct action, and use that knowledge to take action on our own campaigns to win change.

We'll gather for trainings in homes, community centers, places of worship, campuses, and public spaces nationwide to learn how to join together in the work of reclaiming our country through sustained non-violent action.

That is really neat what you are doing Chris!

Go to http://the99spring.com/ to see what's going on in your area, or to watch the video shown in the training on-line.

The Spring Training went well. We had about 50 participants. About 25 showed up to protest on April 15th. A couple people passing by joined the protest. That's a lot better than our previous protests. In this little 50% Republican city we only had about 10 of us protesting. For the past year there was only one guy holding a sign. He was dedicated and eventually it grew.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service