I'm not a conspiracy theorist, although I have entertained a few in my time. When I originally heard about people saying it was an inside job, I became upset. I thought how insensitive it was for anyone to make such outrageous claims. I saw it as a smear campaign against the administration (which will no doubt go down as the worst administration in history).

However, the more I looked into it after my initial shock, the more questions I had regarding evidence, poor response, and explanations. Here are some concerns, much of which are found HERE.

DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE

• Airport lobby video showing alleged hijackers on the targeted flights.
• Credible evidence tying bin Laden to the crime.
• Recordings of air traffic controller communications with the flights.
• Remains of any of the targeted planes.
• Remains of the Twin Towers and Building 7.
• Blueprints of the Twin Towers and Building 7.
• The contents of the black boxes from any of the targeted planes.
• Photographs documenting the crime scenes before they were disturbed.

At the core of the September 11, 2001 attack is a series of stupendous lies, including:

• That jet impacts and fires induced the mammoth steel-framed Twin Towers to explode into dust and shards of steel long after the impacts.
• That fires caused 47-story steel-framed Building 7 to implode with all the features of a standard controlled demolition.
• That Islamic terrorists hijacked four jetliners with knives and flew them all over the Northeast for nearly two hours without encountering any resistance from the trillion-dollar US Air Force.
• That top officials and Bush's Secret Service detail remained unaware that the country was under attack long after it began to be broadcast on TV worldwide.

Adding to the absurdity of the official story are facts such as:

• The responsible commanders were promoted after the attack.
• The evidence from collapses of the WTC skyscrapers -- the largest and most unanticipated structural failures in world history according to the official explanation -- was destroyed as rapidly as possible.
• Only $600,000 was allocated to study the collapses before the steel had been recycled, and the all-volunteer investigators were barred from the site.
• There has not been a single successful prosecution of any of the supposed perpetrators anywhere in the world for direct involvement in the attack.

It's easy to dismiss the "truthers" as kooks, but try looking into some of the explanations and evidence for yourself before you jump to conclusions. Americans deserve answers.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You mean governments LIE ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That does not automatically mean "conspiracy". They lie out of expediency, personal gain and to cover up incompetence. Certainly, not about something of the scale of 9/11.

Again, you give way too much credit to the competence of a government to cover something like this up in a leak proof manner when they can't even organise a response to something like Katrina. Or count votes properly.

Conspiracy = Religion - God. It doesn't belong here.
In a money driven society conspiracies are the norm. They happen at every level in one form or another. All governments conspire, especially those who have secret police. To think otherwise would be blind faith in your government.

Erase your mind of conspiracy and look at the relevant questions being asked (I mentioned some below). I do ask that you try to answer them.
There are a lot of websites out there that deal with all of the specific claims made by the 911 conspiracy crowd. There are places like http://www.debunking911.com/ that do a great job. Another great resource for dealing with each of your specific points would be the work done by Popular Mechanics debunking the "conspiracy theory" types. http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html

Yes, there are a few things that don't make much sense, but you would actually need better evidence of a conspiracy than the conspiracy theorists offer. You have "core lies" that A. No one is actually claiming and B. Aren't actually lies. You have "gaps in evidence or knowledge" held up as proof of something else (sound like the same thing Creationists do, doesn't it?). I don't want to get into all of the details, since anyone who is honestly seeking the truth can EASILY find the information, but I haven't seen all that many conspiracy theorists willing to accept any evidence that goes against their theory.

You step away from "following the evidence" and into the realm of dogmatic assertions and closeminded acceptance. Not a good thing!
Popular Mechanics' senior researcher for the "Debunking" article, Benjamin Chertoff, is the cousin of Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. Popular mechanics is owned by the Hearsts (the originators of "yellow journalism") and are champions for of advanced weaponry and new technology used by police in areas such as crowd control and 'anti-terror' operation. A huge chunk of their advertising revenue comes from military and defense contractors.

Also, the "debunked" claims have been widely debunked as an example of a straw man hatchet job - whereby false arguments are erected, attributed to 9/11 skeptics, and then shot down. The article also came out before BYU physics professor, Steven Jones discovered traces of The...

There are biases on both sides of the fence, so use the same common sense that probably got you to be an atheist.

Watch the building 7 collapse and ask yourself if it makes sense that fires or external damage cause a textbook implosion when it had never before happened in the history of steel framed buildings? If you understand physics or demolition, you can only come to one conclusion.

How could identification of the "terrorists" have survived the crash, fire and collapse of the tower?

Why did our government only released one snapshot of video in arguably the most watched building in the world?

Why did Bin Laden deny responsibility 3 different times, then footage was "discovered" and authenticated by our intelligence when the guy in the video has a wider nose and darker skin than Bin Laden? Bin Laden later denied involvement, but praised the event.

Why was NORAD conducting a large training exercise on 9/11 and thousands of blips were put up on radar?

Why did officers in charge of NORAD at that time get promoted after 9/11?

How could someone that could not operate a single engine plane be able to make an amazing loop/dive with a jumbo jet, miraculously hitting the Pentagon in the exact place where all the Naval budget records were held? On 9/10 (yes, the day before), Rumsfeld reported there was 2.3 TRILLION DOLLARS unaccounted for.

Why were 60,000 tons of steel from the wreckage from WTC quickly shipped overseas before it could be examined?

These are just a tiny fraction of all the relevant questions. Can anyone honestly defend them all? If you can, I'd love to hear it.
So, other than a whole bunch of questions... do you have any conclusive proof of a conspiracy? Most of your questions have been answered by a host of experts and professionals (again, it isn't hard information to come across, just look it up). Some of them have simple common sense answers.

What evidence do you offer besides questions? You make an extraordinary claim, then expect people to accept it without more than the "what about this", and "what about that" that you keep tossing out. When I hear about those, I think, "gee, what about -insert question-" and then go to see what I can find out. I don't say, "Gee, what about -?-" and then say, "Hah, The government did it!". That is stepping beyond the evidence and making up equivocal assertions.

What do you think happened? Do you know? Can you lay out a probable scenario that conforms to the evidence? I am not opposed to the idea that a "conspiracy" was the cause, I just don't see that as supported by the evidence. Could there have been a controlled demolition of Building 7? Yup, there could have been. Do we have enough evidence to say that with the certainty many people do? I don't think we do.

Are there questions? Sure! Yet to go beyond the questions and posit with such certainty "a conspiracy" on such a sparsity of evidence defies reason.
Let's answer a few of your questions then, since some of them have some simple answers. I haven't really looked into most of the specific questions, but figured I would.

1. How could identification of the "terrorists" have survived the crash, fire and collapse of the tower?
Answer: The identification didn't. One was found at the WTC crash, two were found on the flight 93 crash. The rest were identified by an entirely different method. The FBI started its largest investigation in history. The terrorists made no efforts to disguise their identity, were some of the few people on the planes that were not U.S. citizens and were often the only ones with Arabic names. Within days the FBI had gone through flight manifests, travel records, etc. etc.

2. Why did our government only released one snapshot of video in arguably the most watched building in the world?
Answer: I believe you mean the Pentagon (I am assuming you do). If that is the case, they have released more than just one snapshot of video since then (after Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act request). There is actual video from security cameras that is now available. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4987716.stm Why would the government release photos of the Pentagon? You do realize that it is the headquarters for the Department of Defense? Not exactly the kind of footage you want getting out if you are a paranoid military general.

3. Why did Bin Laden deny responsibility 3 different times, then footage was "discovered" and authenticated by our intelligence when the guy in the video has a wider nose and darker skin than Bin Laden?
Answer: I just finished reading two of the interviews where he denies responsibility (and he definitely does). That doesn't mean he wasn't lying, but he definitely denied the responsibility. As for the video, finding it has been somewhat frustrating (if you have a link to the original, or a good copy of the original. I have found other videos that are interesting such as this Al-Jazeera footage (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1982771n%3fsource=search_video) that shows Bin Laden with some of the 9/11 hijackers before the attack.

4. Why was NORAD conducting a large training exercise on 9/11 and thousands of blips were put up on radar?
Answer: Why wouldn't they? NORAD does training exercises all the time! There is nothing unusual about that. What is interesting are the 30 hours of tapes from the control-room of NORAD that have been released. This story should give you what you need on that one.

5. Why did officers in charge of NORAD at that time get promoted after 9/11?
Answer: I am not sure where the conspiracy is in this one. It's been years since the attack. If you can find me a member of the military that has NOT been promoted in that time, I will be supremely surprised. My brother has been promoted 5-6 times since then. Should I think he is in on it? *Gasp*. People get promoted, especially if they responded well or showed initiative in a crisis. It's not surprising or unusual. Nothing fishy there other than a stupid attempt to make a mountain out of a ... well, it's not even a mole hill. Seriously? This is a question?

6: How could someone that could not operate a single engine plane be able to make an amazing loop/dive with a jumbo jet, miraculously hitting the Pentagon in the exact place where all the Naval budget records were held? On 9/10 (yes, the day before), Rumsfeld reported there was 2.3 TRILLION DOLLARS unaccounted for.
Answer: The "loop/dive" wasn't all that impossible, nor was it all that miraculous. The original loop (I keep pulling up all sorts of numbers on speeds and degrees) is not the likely scenario. Do some quick research on this one. I did see a news story on Rumsfelds announcement. Considering the military cannot account for 25% of its spending, that isn't surprising. As for the location, where did you get your information? Sure, there is a lot of skepticism on the plane that hit, but there is no question of WHERE it hit. The section that was hit was currently under renovation. How reliable are your sources? You really think the Naval budget records were kept in one single location?

7. Why were 60,000 tons of steel from the wreckage from WTC quickly shipped overseas before it could be examined?
Answer: Why quickly? The steel wasn't all cleared from the site until mid 2002. Quickly? Right! Sure! Sounds "quickly" to me. As for the claim that it could not be examined, that is a load of crap. Dr. W. Gene Corley (Building Performance Assessment Team) testified before the House of Representatives about the teams ability to have full access to the steel in the scrap yards and the ability to obtain their samples. (check his March 6th interview in front of the House).

These may be just a tiny fraction of the relevant questions, but I see exaggerations, half truths and questions that are just stupid.

I do admit there are some issues that need further clarification, but, as I said, it isn't hard to actually find the information you need. I haven't looked deeply into these issues until today (I have spent far too long on this and need to get to bed), but I am even more convinced than I was earlier that there is nothing to see here. Occam's razor quickly shreds most of these.
Re: The Pentagon - I have only one thing to add. I have a military friend who was there when it happened. He talked about it to me in great detail and length, and gave me a bunch of photos (which I will not share so as not to breach trust). Trust me - there is nothing fake about what was reported. The only detail not mentioned is that most people there died of asphyxiation as the burning diesel vacuumed out all of the oxygen out of that entire section of the building. Add that to your conspiracy file.
Thanks for the link. This is the best de-bunking site I've found so far.
There are a lot of them out there. I have been through dozens of sites (both for and against the conspiracies) in the last two days trying to sort through the questions, riddles, evidences and conjectures to arrive at my own conclusion. It's been interesting, to say the least.
DennisK: Erase your mind of conspiracy and look at the relevant questions being asked (I mentioned some below). I do ask that you try to answer them.

Look, its been done to death. I've seen probably 50 hours of documentary material on this from ALL sources - German, British, PBS, SBS etc. etc. Everything you have raised has been explained satisfactorily when I viewed it. 90% is pure and simple government incompetence. No, I am not going to spend a week digging it all up for you - it's there, online if you look. Are you saying the conspiracy extends to all global independent journalism and academia ?

What is wrong with you people ? It's a scab that you keep picking and picking and picking so it will never heal. You're turning this into our generation's Roswell. Why ? You are exactly like creationists - you will never be satisfied. Do you find pleasure in relentless morbid speculation ? Aren't there more important things to worry about ? Like the high level officialdom that officially sanctioned US torture, then let a bunch of army grunts be sacrificial goats to divert all the blame; the blatant manipulation of intelligence to fit political agendas about Iraq; etcetera, etcetera, et-fucking-cetera. I am sick of it and it IS sick.

Also, if your conspiracy theory is to hold any water at all, there would have been a massive terrorist attack BEFORE the last election to keep the Neocon cabal in power. There wasn't. Explain that before you proceed obsessing with all of your other questions.

Just get over it and move on.
I can't believe how much time gets wasted on this. There is social inequity and starvation, why waste time in a theory which there was no way to know how people were going to react and no way to be sure that nobody gets caught.
Social inequity and starvation are also connected to the elites in this world.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service