This week I asked on Twitter and Facebook about people's favourite atheist-related books, and why.

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins was recommended as many times as the next three books combined. The Bible took second place, with its power to convince people of atheism edging it ahead of God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens.

Also popular were books by Phillip Pullman, Sam Harris, Bertrand Russell, Daniel Dennett, Douglas Adams, Michael Shermer, Julian Baggini, Pascal Boyer, Nietzsche, Carl Sagan and Derren Brown.

But the most fascinating part is the eclectic list of books recommended once. You may not have heard of all of them, but each is a book that somebody, somewhere, believes to be a valuable read for anybody interested in finding out more about atheism, reality or morality.

Here’s the full list, along with some of the reasons that people gave as to why this was their favourite atheist-related book.

77 highly-recommended atheist-related books

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the list, I've been looking for more reading material. :)
Voltaire’s Bastards by John Ralston Saul

I am not alone. Saul is wonderful and a deep, black cynic. Vastly under-rated philosopher/economist/social commentator, well worth the read if you can forgive the occassional long-windedness.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service