Just watching a science program about the moon, they were trying to calculate the age of the moon by observing the difference between new and old craters.

New craters have obvious radiating blast marks and no smaller craters in or around the larger craters.

Older craters have been heavily covered in smaller impact craters and are quite deformed.

It is hard for me to imagine this random pattern of so many craters on the moon to be "Created" in this manner in just 6,000 years :-)

Of course as the gospel of the FSM says "The FSM has done things like this to deliberately confuse scientists" but back to the real world I wonder how fundies would explain this ?

Views: 194

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its easy to explain a young earth. You simply ignore any evidence to the contrary and pooh-pooh scientists as evil.
It is their determination to ignore evidence that simply amazes me.

I really just don't get the mindset that can do that.

I try to understand and comprehend where they are coming from but it just escapes me !
For some, their conditioned fear of not believing the "Word of God" creates a convenient state of denial of all the evidence. To them, accepting the overwhelming evidence is a ticket to an eternity of hellfire. The reward of heaven by accepting the fable can probably also create the same state of denial. For them, it all starts and ends with the Holy Book of Ignorance authored by the great Oz himself. If they admit the author was wrong, they go to hell.
Living in a constant state of fear like that must cause them real problems.

It is almost a manifestation of Bi Polar or manic depressive behaviour.

I am saved and ecstatic or I am bound for heel and I am doomed for eternity.

In my short time on the RR web forum I noticed most of the people there ( the fundies not the trolls ) lived in a constant state of fear. They were terrified "The Government" or "The Muslims" were going to murder them in their beds.

mmmmmmm just strange !
I live in a constant state of fear. I have a crazed cousin with a chainsaw. Coincidentally, his name is Doug too. ;-)
Deal with it Princess !

I LOVE IT!!!!!! Thanks Jay!
If there is a patron saint of non sequiturs, Gary Larson gets my vote. I never fail to laugh when I see something he's done.

Edit I knew I had this somewhere on my computer...

Yeah,he's very funny indeed.
One of my favorites by him shows a woman leading her husband away from a house with two people staring out the door......A full moon is above them. A trail of clothes leads from the door to the wife and husband..The husband has turned into a werewolf and the wife says:"I can't take you anywhere."
How i wish i had saved that comic.
It is the truth !

Ethyl the Frog

Vercotti: Well I had noticed that the lad with the thermonuclear device was the chief constable for the area. So a week later they called again and told me the cheque had bounced and said... I had to see... Doug.

2nd Interviewer: Doug?

Vercotti: Doug (takes a drink) Well, I was terrified. Everyone was terrified of Doug. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug.

2nd Interviewer: What did he do?

Vercotti: He used... sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious.
Beware of Doug indeed I just spent the last 30 minutes looking for my DVD of Life of Brian.

How very evil of you to make me waste so much time, for a mere couple of hours of entertainment. :D

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service