This is from a friend in the US, I have no way of confirming the information below other than I trust her information.

If anyone has information that is different I would love to hear it.

She sounds like a scary woman!
============================

Who is Sarah Palin? Here's some basic background:

#1 She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.

#2 Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.

#3 She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.

#4 Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.

#5 She's doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.

#6 She's solidly in line with John McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy. She's pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won't be ready for years. She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.

#7 How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She's the female version of Huckabee. Damn, all it took was one terrorist attack in the US for everything to go to shit. Weak.
You are right

In world standards the 9/11 attacks were not a big deal.

Somehow they got blown out of all proportion and used for a political Jihad !
There is a video where she states that it was gods will to invade Iraq. Isn't that the feeling George Bush felt as well. Another reason to get rid of silly and dangerous religious beliefs.
Yeah, Bush felt the same way...scary stuff.

I've got the video here if anyone wants to watch. It's kinda boring (it's speech to her church earlier this year) but it does give more insight than any of the speeches she's made since accepting the nomination.
I didn't catch last night's convention what the hell did she say that has everyone buzzing?
Nothing new, at all. The only topic she spent more than 5 minutes on was McCain's military experience. To me it seemed like the directors-cut of her speech from last Friday.

We got the "I joined the PTA" story, the "I'm just a hockey mom" story and the already typical deluge of references to how much of a political outsider she is [isn't]. She dragged out her family, again, like a prop...It was a perfect speech for a convention; no facts or issues, just fist-pumping rhetoric to rally the troops.

I don't expect we'll hear anything but the same speech until the debates start.
oh so kinda like Bush's last few presidential addresses.
Yeah, in a certain respect. She can actually deliver a speech and make it sound good though, something G-dub never mastered.
From what I've heard the acceptance spech was writen before hand, for a man, and had to be rewritten for her.
Interesting, haven't heard that one.

Last minute re-write or not it really did come across as just an extended version of her initial speech from last Friday. Same anecdotes, lies, analogies and just as hollow. Aside from the stupid pitbull joke...that was a new one.
Apparently she delivered the wrong punch line for the joke as well...

Whats the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?

Ones a bitch, and other is just a dog.
What is the difference between Palin and a pit bull ?

Lipstick.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service