With religion wars, global warming, peak oil, and fundimental christians etc.

Should athiests start a archive/libary full of important books - science tenology history theorys etc.
to ensure the knowledge we have gained is not lost if another dark age occurs?
like an insurance policy for science and humanity

i like to know what people think about this idea and their idea's added to this is too.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know, this has me thinking. The invention of the Gutenberg press must have been really bad for christianity, because it is harder to get rid of information. Then add the Internet.

I think all books should go on the internet, and become free. sorry to all Authors out there but I don't see why there should be a price on education.

Jonathan Christie

I think all books should go on the internet, and become free. sorry to all Authors out there but I don't see why there should be a price on education.

This is a good idea, if it becomes practicable. One thing that has been on my for some time is that atheist forums like AN should allow discussions between atheist members and the faithfuls, in a disciplined manner. This could be as good as reading free books. This thread also shows that it is necessary to propogate atheist views.

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

that would be great, except I worry that theyll just end up going berserk and spamming everyone holy news:P

Jonathan Christie

You are very right, but I think we all should all put our heads togetherand formulate the rules of discussion. We should also approach the religious authorities to delegate a representative on behalf them for the discussion. Calling somebody on an individual initiative  will not be helpful. In any case, this is just a start and we should be able to structure the whole idea properly by mutual advise. I think this should be given a serious thought by A N members.

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

I think that will be great, we can start a discussion about it and see what the members can contribute. what kind of topics do you think will be brought forward? maybe starting with something like "ask an atheist" or something so the whole thought of Atheists being immoral can be removed, even if it is on a small scale.

Jonathan Christie

Atheits being immoral is, to my mind, a small point. We should hit at the root of their belief, that is their god. If this hypothesis is effectiveely countered, then their all efforts to oppose atheism will collapse. Yes, this is more difficult task, which we have to tacle sometime or other. Why not start with it? And yes, it is in my mind to post a discussion on this subject and I am driving to that point through my other discussions.

MADHUKAR KULKRNI.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service