honestly this whole thing is kinda new to me and i'm just now trying to figure out wat i believe.... i dont have answers to her questions maybe you guys can help me

excuse the dialogue i'm from the caribbean so we talk a lil different

Friend :so you believe that science is why we are all here now?

Kevin : i dont think "god" has anything to do with it

Kevin : who created him "god"

Friend : so science came about how

Friend : from a spec of organism?

Friend : If GOD is everything and the Almighty what made you think that someone or something created him

Friend : if miracles are'nt proof enough for you dont you want to believe that our lives have a greater meaning and purpose and that we dont just rotten after we die and thats it?

Friend : is science responsible for you still being alive while ppl you grew up with in clinic is now dead?

Kevin : so he jus is no one created him right? why cant it b like that 4 us? it's nice to believe that after we die there is another something but know one knows...i'm alive and they r dead because i dont have it as bad as they did

Kevin : why would your god take his time to create something on the 10th of april and on the 11th the mother stick it in the oven or in a bag and send it over a cliff

Friend : because god created us with the power to make our own choices and our own decisions......i respect your new found belief but i do not agree with it and unfortunately i do not have all the answers for you....but the good thing is i dont need to...i just believe.

Kevin : and i do agree with the fact that we must believe in something other than ourself

Friend : at least u believe that

Friend : did u ever believe there was a god

Kevin : i used to then that belief just slowly went away over the yrs

Friend : y

Kevin : just could not bring myself to believe

Kevin : and saying i got robbed by gun point but the man did not shoot because d gun jam.. and then saying it was an act of god.... to be is crap

Kevin : it just simply jam thats it

Kevin : keston survived his accident because god was looking out for him? no it was because the conditions were not right for it to be fatal

Friend : or maybe god wanted him to survive to see his son come into this world

Kevin : she was not preg then

Friend : she did not have to

Friend : she became and now he is here

Kevin : she got so because he was home for 2 months and was doing nothing else but bulling

Friend : lol

Kevin : and many other men die while their wife/girl still preg

Friend : kevin i am sorry that your life has not gone exactly how you would have liked it...and i am sorry if you have prayed for things that has not come to past....but things dont always happen when and how we would like..... so then y are you giving up on classes? there must be something scientific that can help you pass...if science created this world we live in from the begining of time surely

Friend : it cud help you pass a measly exam

Kevin : is not science it's me i just cant do it... i get distracted to easilly problems with focusing and stuff

Friend : science has created cures for that....you should know

Kevin : but doh tell me if i pray it would help... cause it have ppl who praying for help out of a country that have no food or at war or both and ppl die everyday

Kevin : i eh no scientist i would not know that
Friend : because my luv GOD knows what is best for us..... and you dont have to be a scientist....its called Ginko Baloba food for the brain

Kevin : maybe ppl who have no food knows humility and knows god and because of their few years of suffering and being thankful for little they can now spend an eternity in peace after death

Kevin : wat about the ones who never had the chance to know about
god

Kevin : someone who prays and studies and passes their exams comes out better than the guy who just studied and pass?

Friend : i never said that........its just that the guy who prayed knew he could not only depend on his smarts knew he needed help by having faith.....maybe the other guy just did not need to..

Friend : different people different circumstances different stories different lifestlyes....we are all different with our own cross to bear

Kevin : exactly my point u dont need to believe in a god to do great things

Kevin : just believe that u can

Friend : well you believe that you can and do your exam

Friend : dont give up

Kevin : lol well i dont believe i can

Friend : you are contradicting yourself

Kevin : i believe some ppl are just smart and some just cant get there

Friend : well some ppl believe in GOD some in science what do you believe in Kevin? nothing it seems...

Friend : your statement said

Friend : u dont need to believe in a god to do great things

Friend : if you so strongly believe in that statemnet then stand by it..

Friend : say i believe in myself and i believe that i can do great
things.......

Friend : but remember that god also gave you that ability

Friend : to believe in yourself
Kevin : u believe he gave u that ability

Kevin : i believe we are who we are

Kevin : he says he is who he is and u accept that

Kevin : i believe that god helps those who helps themselves

Friend : i accept that man could not have been created by man.....who then created science or which comes first for you man or science... i believe that there must have been a force greater than you and me and science.....i believe that everything i went through in life was to teach me a lesson was to make me who i am today....i believe there is a god...whether his name is god, jesus allah or whatever

Friend : other names there are i dont know but i believe he is more powerful than anything that man could have ever created...

Friend : kevin all i can say to you now love is to be prepared for whatever the outcome of how you lived your life is whether it is greatness, sorrow, or nothing.....just make up your mind to accept it...

Friend : i am in no position to judge or say that you believe in bullshit i am only here to live my life and stand by my belief.... i must say though that i feel somewhat disappointed but that feeling will soon pass its just that i have never known anyone so close to me who did not believe in god it is a new feeling for me...so forgive me if i came across as being judgemental.

any thoughts?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, congratulations and welcome! Stick around, you'll be breathing fire in no time.
OK well as of today I am going back to totally avoiding the topic of religion... I think I just lost her as a friend. :( why do they get so upset and leave? I'm calm I'm not upset about anything did I offend her?
Many, if not most, believers identify with their belief to the point that rejecting the religion or the deity they worship is taken as a personal insult by them, as if you were inevitably rejecting them too. There's really little you can do about it, other than hope she will at some point realise that she's being childish.
If she liked you and accepted you enough as a person, it wouldn't happen. I wouldn't consider it a huge loss, obviously you weren't important enough for her in the first case then.
Don't worry about it too much. It's a big shock to people when they learn that a friend is not who / what they thought. Some people will accept your beliefs and still like you and others will walk away. Give her some time. She might come around.
"kevin i am sorry that your life has not gone exactly how you would have liked it"
The usual christian compassion, how I hate it.

Wow, she managed to do the typical christian compassion-thing at the same time she claimed you had a inferior life experience to her, which of course she meant by you not being a christian. And of course refering to your first name, which is self-explanatory.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Michael Penn replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
5 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
9 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
22 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
26 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
28 minutes ago
Patricia replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
31 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
33 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
38 minutes ago
Idaho Spud liked Joan Denoo's photo
48 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
54 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
59 minutes ago
Keith Brian Johnson replied to Luara's discussion Puzzle in real analysis in the group Mathematics
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service