I just wanted to know if any of you are Anarchists or Communists. If you are I would like to add you to my friends and ask you to join my Anarchist group. If you aren't either then talk to me anyway so I can make you one. ;)

Tags: Anarchy, Communism

Views: 1851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, and I speak from personal experience, some people are LESS deterred by cops than from true moral considerations.
Hi!
I'm an anarchist, but not a communist..
Are you a Capitalist? Marxist Communism is Anarchy in the sense that it is supposed to lack a state once it is achieved.
I think that the word "Capitalist" sends the wrong message. I prefer the term "Market Anarchist" because I oppose Corporatism & Protectionism, & I recognize (As most radical libertarians do) that under the current arrangement, the rich & powerful use the State to coerce people & to control the market; in other words, Capitalism =/= Laissez Faire.

I'm wondering though; I myself strongly dislike the idea of the means of production being privately owned, & I think that bosses are Bullshit, but I would never force anybody to abstain from practicing capitalism so long as they didn't force it on me. So, would you use force to stop capitalism, even if it was voluntary?
I personally wouldn't, though my system would be to always reward those who work harder and do their jobs better, which doesn't happen in capitalism a lot of the time.
>>>>>>Are you a Capitalist? Marxist Communism is Anarchy in the sense that it is supposed to lack a state once it is achieved.

In theory his is true, but he doesn't use anarchist principals to achieve such a system, and Marx expelled anarchist from the 1st International. Also you can't achieve anarchy with hierarchy, and this has repetitively been demonstrate historically.
I think an anarchistic society may be a worthy ideal, but I don't think society is yet wise enough for it to be stable in other than small groups.
Why do you think it incapable of existing in anything but small societies? You still have plenty of organization.
Evolution, I suppose. Anarchist societies have to compete with hierarchical ones, and if anarchist societies worked better they likely would have won out - but they haven't.
But I didn't mean to imply that there can't be large anarchist societies, and I certainly didn't imply that if they didn't work that it would be for lack of organization. Capitalism takes care of that fairly well.
You can have organization without government and capitalism. The problem is the fact that the movement has yet to become large enough. Most of the world will have to support the Revolution for it to succeed.
"You can have organization without government and capitalism."

As I said:
"I certainly didn't imply that if they didn't work that it would be for lack of organization."
I pointed out that capitalism is a functional organizational system that doesn't necessarily require hierarchy. Criticisms of capitalism aside, it has its merits, and works rather well.

I also think you're making a number of unnecessary assumptions in the rest of your post.
My bad. I am making assumptions. I'm a bit to sleepy to be on the computer right now.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service