http://www.evilbible.com/

In case people have not seen this site as yet it is a very useful resourse if you are debating theology with Christian believers.

Trust me they do not like answering questions that are based on biblical texts. You ususlly get answers like you are reading that out of context or misinterpreting it.

When you ask what is the context that was intended the argument usually stops

I shut down a discussion about abortion using quotes from this site, people were not willing to discuss the fact that their God had ordered the slaughter of children.

Tags: bible, quotes, useful

Views: 2073

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I might use this site to quote from and try to pick up chicks..think they'll dig me? ;)

especially if i tell them: - "Did you know..."
"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."$ (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Wow, this is great stuff.  Thank you.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

this is also a great resource 

Thanks - very useful.

It is always fun to quote the bible to Christians in discussions.  ;-) 

Another site with some good resources is Talk Reason: arguments against creationism, intelligent design, and....

Offreality, if you look at the original Hebrew or even the LXX Greek of Deuteronomy 22:28-29, you will find "young woman" refers to a girl below marriageable age. 

Book review of "Is God A Moral Monster"

A theist wanted me to read this book but I found this great review instead.  Best of all, it's wrote by a christian and really rips it up.

Thanks for the link!

Knowledge of the bible is of little use except to argue with christians who probably havn't read it anyway. It was written by people of their day and later translated and interpreted into an absurd form of English. It is not literary, it has little historical weight and is boring. To think that peasants actually believe it's dictated or transcribed by a supernatural being ! I'm flabbergasted !

I totally agree with you Napoleon! I can't believe that they actually think the bible is for real.

Yes, we can only speculate but I'd say they're being harrassed by ghosts and stalked by the devil and knowing they can't get an exorcism on their medical insurance policy have no choice but turn to almighty god.

cool! Thanks for sharing!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service