http://www.evilbible.com/

In case people have not seen this site as yet it is a very useful resourse if you are debating theology with Christian believers.

Trust me they do not like answering questions that are based on biblical texts. You ususlly get answers like you are reading that out of context or misinterpreting it.

When you ask what is the context that was intended the argument usually stops

I shut down a discussion about abortion using quotes from this site, people were not willing to discuss the fact that their God had ordered the slaughter of children.

Tags: bible, quotes, useful

Views: 2128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOT's of fun stuff ;-)
yeah, this will be great ammo for my arsenal. Flaws and violence are categorized; i think i may spend a good while there too. I'm looking for something easy to remember and very obvious, i'm sure i'll find it.
I've had much fun with that website for several months.

Another good one is Skeptic's Annotated Bible
Love that site.
This is one of my favorite verses for discussing abortion. So much for God loving every unborn child!! So much for the unborn being innocent !!

Hosea 13:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
This site is awesome. Bookmarked! Thank you very much. :)
Haha I found EvilBible a while ago. I love that site.
Between that and Skeptics Annotated Bible I have all the ammo I need. Of course the fundies are perpetual excuse-o-matics but the rational people know they're completely full of it.
Except that you misinterpret the intent of the bible.

You need to believe to really understand what the bible ( or insert religious text of choice here ) is really saying :-(

cheers Doug
More like you need to believe to really put your personal spin on what the (whatever religious text) is really saying. ;-)

"I distrust those people who
know so well what God wants
because I notice it always coincides
with their own desires."
Susan B. Anthony
An interesting question. "Have you changed your opinions to match God's will, or have you changed God's will to suit your opinions?"
I have been to this site before. I liked what they had there. Points out a lot of moral idiocies in the bible.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service