Anyone else see our Commander-in-chief at the Olympics last night? Here's some wonderful quotes from our President:

"..if you're a religious person, you understand that once religion takes hold in a society it can't be stopped."

"No state, man or woman should fear the influence of loving religion."

Great stuff, huh?

Tags: atheism, bush, religion

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The two times they showed him on camera, for the very short amount of time I watched, he looked bored out of his mind. Maybe he was just really relaxed but he looked like he could care less about whatever it was going on down on the floor.

Thanks for the link. I didn't get to catch the interview and hadn't thought to look up a transcript.
I suppose the problem is finding a "loving religion."
It's not so much the corrupt leaders and their customizable interpretations that are the problem, its the sheeple that follow him and the acceptance of religion in general.
We don't have to stop religion. Religion exist only because people let themselves to be told what to accept as truth [Religion] insted of doing their own investagation. This gullible attitude of most adult people in todays world, are establish from child-hood [Religious Indoctrination]. It is an ungoing cycle. That is why religious people are called Believers "one who let someone ealse do the thinking for them".
So we don't have to stop religion, but only help people to start thinking for themselves so they can see the truth.
And I don't think that there is such a think as a loving religion, since each believe that it's the only true religion of God and to be save you have to accept that one and that one only. However, there are loving people in those religion.
Religion cannot ever be a loving thing to begin with. It's just an abstract term to sum up certain philosophical, political and moral aspects of life. Human indeed can be loving though, but religion can be as loving as your computer screen you are currently sitting on front of, ie zero.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service