Some new web boards these days have tags in the generated HTML of the posts that makes search engines ignore those posts, making what people write on the forum "invisible" to search engines.

I really like that.

Can anyone tell me what the situation is here?

Are the posts on the Atheist Nexus forum searchable by Google and other search engines?

Tags: google, posts, search engines, searchable

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just tried Googling my blog entries and they were most certainly visible.
I would expect blogs to be, they are made to be public ( versus private blogs or "journals" ).

I am more concerned about forum posts.
I am not sure what is and what is not searchable. I will look into it. Also, I do know that like facebook, you can make your profiles private or public.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion S.E. Cupp: I’m a ‘Better’ Atheist than Bill Maher in the group Atheist News
5 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion S.E. Cupp: I’m a ‘Better’ Atheist than Bill Maher in the group Atheist News
10 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
11 minutes ago
James M. Martin posted a discussion
13 minutes ago
15 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
20 minutes ago
22 minutes ago
23 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to matthew greenberg's discussion Enough already - take down the Brother Richard article from the banner
26 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
29 minutes ago
k.h. ky replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
35 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Emotionally loaded vowels in the group LINGUAPHILES & SESQUIPEDALIANS
35 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service