Okay, be honest how many of you signed up looking to hook up? :)

Of course, the reason I signed up was because I wanted to build atheist communities around the Unitred States...

but for those that are interested, I'm 6'2", thin, never married.... :D

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

atheist women are the hottest
That's because we are a challenge ;)~ and really smart!!
Seriously, I heard about something described as "myspace for atheists" and thought...."I'm there." Mainly, I would love to make some atheist friends in the area (near Medina OH) because I'm surrounded by people of various degrees of religiosity and the closest I have are my brother and dad who are vague "something"-ists. Even they easily fall prey to emotionalism and magical thinking, which sucks. It would be completely awesome to meet up with a few people and hang out without having to pretend or read from a script, and maybe play some Rock Band down the line if I can either get my own system or get my brother (very atheist-friendly)to join.

Hooking up? Not entirely sure what that means. If you mean simply finding sex-partners, then no. But I'll admit the briefest moment of "wouldn't it be cool if I met some great atheist guy on here?" Didn't stick though, partially because I don't hang my hat on what-ifs and other wishful thinking (I'm here for the atheistic company overall, not to pursue Cinderella-style goofiness) and partially because I intend to move to California to pursue my career so it's probably not very wise to start a relationship in an area I have no intention of staying in. That wouldn't be very nice of me. But I covered that on my page.

Also, online relationships are indeed scary and risky. I think I was approached by a predator years ago on myspace. Claimed to be a famous skateboarder, talked online a little, talked a bit on the phone, then got what I later found out was a "booty-call" e-mail. I informed him that I do not leave the house to meet people I've never met at 2 am, especially without telling anyone, but that I was available on Friday if my brother and his GF could join us. Never got another call. Took me off his friends list. Good thing I'm the nervous, cautious type, because I only found out later that that's how some girls disappear never to be seen again.

Unfortunately, sometimes it seems like online may be the only way an atheist can meet another atheist--for any purpose. Christians have it so much easier, at least in the US. So it's not entirely out-of-the-question that an atheist signing up for an atheist community wouldn't at least entertain the idea for the briefest of moments.
Signed up to hook up? No, not a consideration when I signed up. But the thought has crossed my mind since. A|N ain't a dating site, but if I happen to meet someone and a mutual interest develops, well, that's certainly an added benefit of being here.
Hooking up?

Naw, I thought that I was going to get a free toaster with this.
Was someone offering Cylons?
naa, I'm married not that the idea of adding a third would be unwelcome ;)
Yeah you really sound like someone I possibly knew in Eufaula. I honestly did not look to hook up just to make friends that did not run in terror when they found out that I do not fear a god.
I joined to meet like minded people, chat rationaly about religion, politics, philosphy and the idea of meeting a nice single intelligent atheist girl for deeply rude sex which would startle the horses on a staggeringly frequent basis never even crossed my mind.

well O.K yes it did, a bit......

if anyone fancies some deeply rude sex they only have to say ;-)
i used to live in a time where "hook up" meant to gather together with other people

for example "dude, i'll hook up with you later at the tavern and we have a hoe down, but i got to take a shower first."

so yes, yes i did
Define "hook up".. will there be fishing or making of rugs?
... I just plugged this big phone cord looking thing into the back of this magic box...

... then I came here because the screens with the mean religious words scared me.

Am I hooked up now?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service