The churches have their clergy who live large. What about the atheists? How does one make a living in Atheism?

I am just finishing a masters degree in biology and looking for work. I've been talking the talk about atheism and liberal politics for years and now I would like to walk the walk. Are their resources to make a living in atheism/free thought? My resume is available online at http://web.mac.com/kzelnio/Site/Resume.html for those interested and happy to advise.

Tags: atheism, careers, jobs

Views: 2257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it would be beneficial for you not to look at Atheism as a group, but rather a lack of. Atheism is not something that will OPEN doors for you, it will (unfortunately) close them.

If you are looking for a career which you could use your atheistic [lack-of] beliefs; i suggest literature.

Idolize christopher hitchens and win.
hmm... need to earn a living while doing that though. I am working on a popular book about the natural history and cultural uses of a certain very tasty crustacean though.
I'd once toyed with the idea of selling stuff to the fundaloons just to bilk them of cash. But I couldn't make myself feed their insanity even for profit--particularly when they work so hard to rip my rights away from me (I'm atheist and lesbian).

Q: How did you succeed to  access to the career you wanted ?

ooooppsss here's what happened when i clicked yer url:
Looking for something on MobileMe?
We can't find the page you requested. Please make sure the URL is spelled and capitalized correctly, and try again.

sunsentinel's careerbuilder's been chock full of jobs, in FL
surely monster's still handy. local newspaper classified handy too
groundwork/networking... googplus/facebook/
Im pretty sure the U.S. gov has new databanks/leads site.. kinda remember something about a new portal/site

Dear kevin.

I am enclosing the following quote;

Those who would renegotiate the boundaries between church and state must therefore answer a difficult question:

“why would we trade a system that has served us so well for one that has served others so poorly?"

from Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Conner on the Ten Commandments ruling, June 27, 2005.

Law is the best place for young atheist today, that is the place where they can do the most good.

Our government is f-ing insane!!

with a bio dergee you would have a slight edge if your boss was an atheist of some sort.

I have a theory that Jerry farwell drove someone that was inside our germ warfair lab religiously insane and that religious insane person designed the aids virious for the church.

I do not know what you know but their is a movie about Larry flint the owner of Hustler and the law suite that jerry farwell lost.

If you take a close look at who the aids virious affected ( homosexuals, iv drug users and people who lived a non manougas releationship)  all three are the type people the church has a problem with. Meanwhile it skipped over people that lived monogus releationships that the church liked.

I am 57 years old and i have learned,, I do not like coinsedences,,,. Sometimes they have conaquences.

As far as i can tell the aids virious just appered. With logic and reasoning things just do not appear. as a bio., keep an eye out for any evedance that might be of use to prove my comsperice theory. Their is one faul up i call it and it is with Dr. Kendy in St. Louis he submitted a vial of aids that did not match up with the time frame of muation of the aids  virious. may be nothing or it could be they tried to do something and it cought up with them??

I am a retired commerical fisherman and i have worked under the advisement of boi. all my life. I even got to know some of them. If i were you I would contact Bill Fritz he was the top bio for the state of Illinois, and he is a truly great guy. Last I hear of him he was in carlyle ill. but you can probally find him on the net somehow. or the ill fishery dept. in Springfeild ill. I know if you get to talk to him you will not forget him. he has a mind like a steel trap.  your new friend Charles DeFrates

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service