I work in many mediums, but most of my work tends to be painting (both oil and acrylic) and charcoal, sometimes colored pencils. I love working clay, but do not have a suitable studio area anymore, so I haven't in a while.

So what type of art mediums do you love working with?

Tags: art

Views: 122

Replies to This Discussion

I work primarily with traditional mediums - Painting primarily, drawing, inks. I got into intaglio printmaking last semester and would love to make that one of my main mediums... until I graduate and can't have a studio...

I've been tinkering with digital art, but it just doesn't do it for me.
I haven't touched clay of pencil crayons in a long while.

These days I'm pretty happy using oil paints, sometimes painting onto shale. I also like Strathmore's wind-powered vellum finish bristol to do .3mm pencil drawings on. The I manipulate a bit digitally, but I'm still venturing into that area.

I like some of the freedoms digital gives me, but I do think it is important to appeciate the limitations and feel of traditinal materials first. Like learning ballet before modern dance, or the piano before playing deconstructed grunge guitar.
I work in the medium of music. Click on my URL and see a sample of my work.

I've been a musician for 30 yrs. Never made a dime and never really tried to. I just love it. I've got a home studio powered by Mac and Protools. Play guitar and piano and sing.

Leave me a message at the Youtube vid and pass it around.
I switch between traditional mediums and digital.

On the traditional side, I primarily use pencils - Derwent for the most part, though I still have Prisma's from before they stopped selling here in the UK. I also play around with Watercolours and Acrylics.

On the digital side, I primarily use PSCS3, but I've been trying out openCanvas and find it's a lot of fun to 'paint' with.

Most of my work though, starts off traditional and ends up an amalgamation of the two - initial line work and so on being done in pencil and inks, colours and effects in PSCS3.

Oh - and I've recently broken out into photography. I'm still an amature with a camera, but I'm enjoying myself.
Primarily digital. Photographically it's much easier, and for the commercial art I do Photoshop is more than sufficient.

I also use pencils and ink, though generally as drawings I scan and livetrace in Illustrator.
I like traditional media but I haven't done anything at all recently.

I use basic computer images just to compose, or sometimes I use cut out photo images and magazine clippings and drawings. A lot of the time (LOL) I end up happier with the work-up images than with the finished piece, but that's life, eh?

I want to add an "FYI" for anyone who wishes to get in on the ground floor. There's a new online gallery on the web, DiscoveredArtists.com , and their pretty hot to find a few emerging artists. Check it out if that's you. I know they're especially wanting an up-and-coming sculptor. So... grab up your chisels and hammers, I guess...

I look forward to see what y'all are producing. This ought to be a fun group.
I guess we can post images of our work here? or would it be better to set up somewhere else and link to it? maybe an Athiest Nexus Gallery?
I am primarily an oil painter - I got my MFA in painting at the University of New Orleans and a minor in photography. And while I'm still somewhat focused on Katrina-related works (which, by the way, are STILL relevant), I have a 4 year old kid. Focus is short. Since I apprenticed for a couple years with a fine furniture maker (sometime back in my past), I'm now mostly making utilitarian works. Right now I'm making a Hot Wheels/Matchbox case for my kid. Really, I'm tired of cars EVERYWHERE, so I'm going to be part of the solution. The problem with 3 dimensional works are that they always get so much more complicated/complex than you anticipate. I'm not talking about a Cherry dinner table commission that you plan from start to finish - I'm talking about a CAR CASE! And yet, as an artist, it's not just a car case - know what I mean? Nice to be here. Thanks.
Very classical one, pen and paper :)
I dabble in digital photography for fun, and am a theatrical lighting designer. I also build scenery, which occasionally involves things like creating an 8' wide pair of Groucho Marx glasses out of plywood and bead foam.
Pen & ink, watercolors, acrylics, oils, colored pencils, digital...
All fun in their own way...
I sculpt and make jewelry, mostly in polymer clay. I also dabble with other clays, drawing, painting, etc.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Loren Miller replied to James M. Martin's discussion Officer Who Shot Brown in Ferguson Might Not Be Playing With Full Deck, Saying He Was Assaulted by "Demon"
18 minutes ago
Plinius replied to Randall Smith's discussion Finding Your Roots in the group Hang With Friends
28 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to James M. Martin's discussion Officer Who Shot Brown in Ferguson Might Not Be Playing With Full Deck, Saying He Was Assaulted by "Demon"
29 minutes ago
booklover replied to James M. Martin's discussion Officer Who Shot Brown in Ferguson Might Not Be Playing With Full Deck, Saying He Was Assaulted by "Demon"
35 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
38 minutes ago
Plinius replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion This is the 1000th thread in the ORIGINS GROUP. Thank you everybody. in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
39 minutes ago
Gail C. Rendle replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
48 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ermias Asfaw's blog post Another thought bubble ...
51 minutes ago
Nick Bottom replied to Randall Smith's discussion Finding Your Roots in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud replied to Tom Sarbeck's discussion Wandering Words in the group LINGUAPHILES & SESQUIPEDALIANS
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked Tom Sarbeck's discussion Wandering Words
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud replied to Randall Smith's discussion Finding Your Roots in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service