Gospel-The National

"and I'll...I'll bring a nice icy drink to you."

I love this band...saw them open for REM at the Mann. I like the lyric from Ada...

"hold onto yourself by the sleeves
I think everything counts a little more than we think."

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love Otep. Good stuff.
Haha, a lot less metal than I expected. =p

Currently listening to: Arcturus - Hibernation Sickness Complete

I love that band. Too bad they stopped D:
Dieselboy.
Apocalyptica - Worlds Collide
"Uncertain Smile" by The The... the one with Jools Holland's piano solo...
I don't know that The The song. What album is it on? I've had "Dusk" on my mp3 player for several...years. "Lung Shadow" gives me chills.

But really, the stupidest band name ever!
It's on the "Soul Mining" LP... 2 versions on 45 RPM-The Singles of The The...

Great band... "The Beat(en) Generation", "This Is The Day", "Infected", "Armageddon Days", "Perfect"... I could go on...

Don't mind the name, but Google searches are a bitch!
Cloud Cult is awesome. I saw them at upstairs at the World Cafe live for the Happy Hippo tour and saw the 'Meaning of 8' show in NY. They haven't played Philly for the last couple of years so I'm going to have to talk someone into going to NYC with me but none of my friends like them.

Do you have "advice for happy hippo?" I was addicted to that album.
The Bastard Fairies, today. I defy you to play this video without dancing in your seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DoWhrR8Br0&feature=related

As a bonus, in one of their other videos (I can't remember which one) their guitarist is reading The God Delusion. Oh, they also encourage people to share their music freely, so go ahead and download it...

I'm also plugging the new Mike Doughty CD (Golden Delicious) at every opportunity, since I've been loving him since I first saw the video for Screenwriter's Blues by Soul Coughing.

Both bands are infectiously happymaking.
I like the new Mike Doughty CD too but nothing tops "Irrestible Bliss" for me.

He's a poet.
Love Soul Coughing.
I've had Counting Crows' Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings in my drive for the past week.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Richard C Brown commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
6 minutes ago
Gila Guerilla replied to JanBodh's discussion Whats your take on what Gandhi ji said about "mysterious power that makes it self felt". I have felt it few times in my life, have you ?
17 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
18 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
21 minutes ago
Hunter Byrd joined Stephen Goldin's group
22 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
23 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
23 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
25 minutes ago
Meri Weathers shared John Jubinsky's discussion on Google +1
27 minutes ago
Meri Weathers liked John Jubinsky's discussion Nose Nerve Cells Repair Man's Severed Spinal Cord
27 minutes ago
Meri Weathers shared Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion on Google +1
31 minutes ago
Meri Weathers liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ebola Evolution
31 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service