Doesn't this just make your blood boil? The rights of some deluded bible bashing bigot put before the rights of a group with no choice in their lifestyle. This spells very bad things for the United Kingdom. I wonder if someone who refused to wed black couples could also claim religious dogmatism as their defence and win. So now we have a hierarchy in the British legal system. God trumps human rights. Nice!

Tags: bigotry, civil, homophobia, intolerance, religious, rights

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Doesn't this just make your blood boil?"

NO. It's realpolitik.

PLUS priests and other celebrants have the right to refuse to perform ceremonies.Here a doctor can(and many do) refuse to perform abortions on moral principle. I was also a civil servant,and also refused certain duties at times on safety or moral grounds. In my opinion the dopey,judgmental twat was perfectly within her rights. I'm not surprised her position was upheld at law.

Laws and rights are social constructs,not innate. Their purpose is to protect social order,and to preserve the status quo. Of course sometimes justice prevails,but such times are happy accidents--That's one reason you should NEVER talk to the police.

The following Youtube video "Don't talk to police" is highly recommended. (Part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

k.h. ky commented on Barbara Shinton's status
9 minutes ago
John Aultman commented on Barbara Shinton's blog post Glad to be here.
18 minutes ago
Pat replied to Sean Green's discussion New to nexus
22 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
27 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Sean Green's discussion New to nexus
30 minutes ago
Barbara Shinton updated their profile
50 minutes ago
Barbara Shinton posted a status
"I have been so isolated all my life cause i refuse to believe the lies that were fed to me. I tried to do it there way but it is not real."
52 minutes ago
"just reading what other atheists think calms me down.I think there hope 4 me yet. lol."
54 minutes ago
"thank u all for welcoming me."
56 minutes ago
Barbara Shinton posted a blog post
56 minutes ago
"well i up dated my profile and think this is a good website. When i think of the abuse done to me in my childhood because i did not want to "
59 minutes ago
Čenek Sekavec posted a photo
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service