Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2648

Replies to This Discussion

I am 41 years old, live in the buy bull belt.  Struggling for sure to find someone that shares the same views as I do!  Not many of us atheists down here in the good ole Southland.  I don't want to date someone who "doesn't mind" that I am atheist.  Sharing that would be nice!  Plus in my age group, it's even more challenging to find people who are open minded and don't cite fox news as the best source for the news.  I'm glad I found this site!  It definitely fills a void!  How does one go about meeting atheist men in the butt crack of the bible belt???  Suggestions????

Oddly enough, after watching this site for quite a while, it seems like most of the people on here ARE from the South.  On the other hand, very few seem to be from the West coast, which is precisely where I would have expected to find the largest concentration of atheists.  Strange.

It's a result of the religiosity in which the atheist finds him-/herself.  Apparently, Portland, OR is about half atheist.  It's just a very post-theistic city, so very few identify themselves as atheists, since they don't see the point.  Well, that and a huge number of them are wacky, new-age atheists, which wouldn't fit in with the general skepticality of the new atheist movement.

Those who emerge from the fundamentalist background of the southeast are more outspoken and aggressive, as a result of their history and their surroundings.

*raises hand*

I'm in San Antonio, TX --- a town plagued by Catholicism... and I have not much luck here either.

I think about moving away frequently.

I live in San Antonio as well, i've mainly been seeing religions,that are different from christianity... but still it's awkward being around the people as the practice it continuously.

Ummm... well if you ever get to New Orleans.... ;) You're very pretty!

Hello, Captain Obvious.  :-D

Hi Fellow Non-theist-People,

I am a 55, HWP, divorced, intelligent, nice guy who doesn't believe in a big granddaddy in the sky.

I also have a lot of hair left ;-).

I am hoping someday to find someone to get older with, and maybe some other (more fun) activities too.

Anyway, if you are visiting or live in the twin cities (MN), drop me a line, we might hit it off -- who knows??

It wouldn't hurt to have a glass of wine ...

john

Okay, I have to ask... what is "HWP"?
HWP = Height/Weight Proportionate.  An abbreviation frequently used in personal ads as a shorthand way of saying that one is neither overweight nor underweight.  Often used as sort of a politically correct way of saying "I'm not fat".
Hello everyone,

My name is Telliyah and I am a 22 year old college student in Michigan. Dating for me anyway has always been hard because of my standards, but probably more because I am a super shy person as well. It would be nice to one day meet someone who thinks similar to me one of these days.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Idaho Spud liked Luara's discussion A good antitract
2 minutes ago
Amanda posted a video

Viking Trance - Flight 129 from Napoleon Bonaparte on Vimeo.

Music by Viking Trance with video editing by Napoleon Bonaparte.
Another Smart Dog Videos (UK) production.
Viking Trance buy link;

Viking Trance - Flight 129

Music by Viking Trance with video editing by Napoleon Bonaparte. Another Smart Dog Videos (UK) production. Viking Trance buy link;
4 minutes ago
Luara commented on Gregory Phillip Dearth's blog post Infinity, Possibilities, the Multiverse, and Misconceptions
16 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Joan Denoo's blog post There was a political will at work at the origins of the bible.
17 minutes ago
Luara posted a discussion
21 minutes ago
James M. Martin posted discussions
27 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Quick interventions in the group Peter Boghossian
36 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist replied to Christine's discussion The rights of private buisnesses
38 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Will Westoboro Baptist Church Picket in Iraq?
39 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Will Westoboro Baptist Church Picket in Iraq?
40 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
40 minutes ago
booklover replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Will Westoboro Baptist Church Picket in Iraq?
48 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service