The Deadline for Entries has been extended until October 31, 2008

Hey All,

Today we launch the first of a two part contest to build a better Atheist Nexus.

THE QUEST FOR A KICK ASS LOGO!

WHAT WE NEED/WANT

With 4000+ members, Atheist Nexus has quickly become one of the largest social networking sites in the world. Don't you think it's about time we look like it? I sure do. We desperately need a face lift, tummy tuck, rhinoplasty, and of course, you can't be an online community without a breast augmentation.

So, in a nutshell, we need to redesign our whole site. I hate catch phrases, but we need to look more "Web 2.0." So, we begin today with a contest to create our new logo. If you have any design talent, feel free to enter. The logo needs to be simple but modern, basic yet unique. Beyond that, it's all up to you. You don't have any color restrictions, because we will be changing the layout to match the logo.

For your inspiration, sample "2.0 logos" are included at the bottom of this post. You should also read this Wikipedia article on logo design, and browse through this A|N forum discussion.

SUBMISSIONS & RULES

This contest is void where prohibited. All submissions, and winning entries will become the sole property of Atheist Nexus. The entry must be your original design, and not a copy. All entries are subject to copyright laws, and A|N will not be held liable for any entry found to be in violation.

There is no limit to how many logos you can submit. Simply submit each entry as a unique reply to this discussion in a bitmap format (transparent PNG preferred). If your logo is chosen as a finalist, it must have a vector graphics source (SVG preferred), If you need it, a good (and free) software vector graphics application is inkscape. It can handle SVG and PNG exports. The dimensions are up to you as long as it is scalable.

Entries must be posted by Sunday, October 19th October 31, 2008. On October 20th November 1st, the top five entries will be posted on the front page of Atheist Nexus. There will also be a poll set up for member voting. The voting will last until October 31st November 15th, and the winner will be chosen and posted by November 1st December 1st. Hopefully, this winning logo will become the actual logo of Atheist Nexus. However, there is no guarantee of this.

Once a new logo has been chosen, the second contest will begin to update our CSS and site layout.

PRIZES

Besides the obvious prestige of being featured as the "Coolest A|N Member," we will also throw in two tickets to paradise.

If you are a member who would like to donate to the prize pool, contact us. We will post all additional prizes here as well.

Good Luck!

Brother Richard

Follow up: October 5, 2008

Wow! There has been some absolutely tremendous entries so far. Bravo!

Remember these three things:

1. We are trying to go Web 2.0 (Unique and Simple). Look at the samples.
2. We more than likely will be going to a white background. So create with this in mind.
3. You only have to work with the words: Atheist Nexus. You don't necessarily have to work in the others.

Keep it up!

Follow Up: October 6, 2008

7 Ingredients Of Good Corporate Design

Attention submitters: Read this great article to get some tips on how to design the logo we need.

Tags: contest, logo

Views: 222

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here's another one I made, less of a banner and more of an actual logo. It's also a png on a clear background, so it will look nice on most dark & light sites.
Attachments:
After I showed my hubby, he said the last one looked very 80s. I was not going for that at all, so I decided to give it one more try. :)

This one I put on a black background since the site is dark. Though that can easily be changed to clear or whatever.
Attachments:

Kinda looks like a mans genitalia.
I know, I had to share my pain. Sorry.

Hmmm... I guess i should do something for the globe, it doesn't really have any purpose at the moment...
It would be nice if you could spin it around to show Australia. ;-)
Here's the world map we use here in Oz:

too busy?
/Users/kenloukinen/Documents/nexuslogo.jpg
not sure how to post, so I attached as file
Attachments:

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service