I thought I'd bring this here to hopefully draw some more traffic to this group. Inspired by a thread on Gamefaqs, it's basically exactly what it say on the tin. You post here everytime you beat a game (or once a week or so if you want to cut down on the number of posts).

Tags: 360, Dreamcast, NDS, PSOne, Ps1, Sega, X-box, ds, gamecube, nintendo, More…pc, playstation, ps2, ps3, psp, psx, videogames, wii, xbox

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

Just beat red faction G last night with all upgrades and weapons. Killed the last mission with one shot. Thermo rockets rule!
Since my vacation is finally over (yay), I might as well reveal what I've been up to.

We Love Katamari (PS2)
Pretty fun game, especially when you get really big (which hardly ever happened to me).

Mortal Kombat - Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play (PSP)
The less things said about the annoying AI the better.

Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
After a bit of a slow start I ended up falling in love with The Capital Wasteland. Stayed a good guy all throughout the story, probably missed a ton of missions and secrets and I didn't really optimize my character all that well. Still, I had a lot of fun until the legendary stupid ending popped up (though it's been fixed if you download one of the expansions). I'm very tempted to play again as an evil bastard and/or download said expansions, but I think I'll hold that off until the Game of the Year Edition shows up.

Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360)
Played through it with my little brother again, this time making use of infinite ammo weapons (me with my shotgun, him with a magnum) just for fun. Not surprisingly, it was a lot easier (it also helped that we actually knew what to do against the last boss this time around).

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Fun for half an hour, a timeless old classic made out of pure awesome.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360)
A bit short, but I had a lot of fun frying everyone with force lightning and hurling them through the air.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
Took me a whole week and there's probably over a hundred quests remaining (not counting the expansions as I don't have those yet), but the main quest is done. I'll probably start a new character the next time around though, as I wasn't quite happy with how my Nord Warrior turned out.

Fable II (Xbox 360)
Played through it mostly staying on the path of "good". Pretty fun,
especially when I started getting my spells up to decent levels.

Having worked my way through three massive games, I think I go for some shorter ones for a while now...
GAMES I HAVE BEAT THAT I REMEMBER:
~Nintendo 64~
Mario Kart 64 *first game I ever played*
Super Mario 64
Flying Dragon
Super Smash Brothers 64
Banjo Tooie *2nd game of Banjo Kazooie*
Snowboard Kids 2
~Gameboy/Color/Advanced~
Pokemon Fire Red, Yellow, Blue, Ruby, Shappire, Emreld, Leaf Green *bought them after a cetain age just cause they ate up time.*
Tetris *crap loads of times, highest score on my friends insert to date!*
Bo Jacksons Hit And Run *combined Football and Baseball for a 2 in 1 deal. Always went with Baseball, curveball FTW!*
Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories *Christmas gift, don't even understand the storyline*
Crash Nitro Cart
~Play Station 2~
Tony Hawk Games - THUG1, THUG2, THAW, THP8, THPG *got them just to show off, I got almost TOO GOOD at them*
DragonBallZ Games: Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 2
Guitar Hero Games: Rocks The 80's, GH2, GH3 *don't play much anymore, lost interest and I can barely get to Stage 4 on Hard Mode.*
Need For Speed: Most Wanted *that BMW you unlock at the end has shit for Handling and too much Top Speed to control, even my Lotus is better...*
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 1 and 2. *the Ultimate Ninja series is almost impossible to beat 100% because of that S-Rank mission to collect 999,999,999 Ryo which means you'll be playing/listening to Sasuke whine, Naruto be annoying and Sakura screech - FOREVER. DX*
Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction
Scarface: The World Is Yours *easiest fucking game I ever played, mayne.*
SINCE MY LAST POST I HAVE BEATEN:
Mercenaries 2 World In Flames for PS2
Twisted metal Black for PS2

AND I AM EXTREMELY PLEASED TO SAY ADTER 3 YEARS OF OFF/ON PLAY I FINALLY BEAT MY MOST FAVORITE GAME TO THIS DAY:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PS2

^ yes, I was and still am THAT HAPPY... wha? ^
Since my last posting here I've beaten GTA IV a 3rd time. I've also beaten Lost Via Domus which is the easiest 360 game I've played so far. Easiest 1000 pts added to my gamer score. I've also beaten Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I think that's about it. I've been playing a lot of GTA IV multiplayer lately. And just started a Gamefly subscription.
I've beaten a few games since my last post.

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Love my guns, great fun to use them, on everything.

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
Fun for the most part. The difficulty was all over the place though
(still, with all those potions, most of it was a breeze anyway).

Psychonauts (Xbox)
I hate the Meat Circus. The rest of the game was pretty damn good though.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
The combat from Gears of War, climbing from Prince of Persia and a plot straight out of Tomb Raider, all rolled into one truly awesome game. I've already preordered the sequel.

Mega Man 2 (NES)
Bought myself a Retro Duo, so I just had to test it out with one of the classics.

[Prototype] (360)
Borrowed this sweet slaughter-fest from my little brother. Good times.

Tale Spin (NES)
Again with the Retro Duo, I just love how my NES cartridges actually start as soon as I turn it on.

Shadow Complex (XBLA)
Great fun for everyone who ever loved Super Metroid.

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (XBLA)
An old classic with a new set of graphics.

Hexic HD (XBLA)
Played through Survival mode. Fun, but not really my thing.

Castle Crashers (XBLA)
Played Co-op with my brother. Damn fun.

Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (PS3)
Fun and features the same great gameplay as Tools of Destruction, but overall, it's way too short.

Haven't really gotten started on anything new yet, way too busy watching movies.
Just beat Uncharted 2, amazing game that all PS3 owners must play
Ok, I put in an old ps2 game on my ps3 system that I was never able to complete and I finally beat it. It's really one of the coolest ps2 games made. Dragonquest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. Supposedly they are working on a new Dragonquest game for the PS3. Sorry 360 users. Of course a lot of the game developers are creating cross platform games so it's possible they might make one for the 360. Anyway, it's a really cool rpg and worth playing. I will warn you ahead of time it's a challenging game and it's one of the few games that I actually bought the manual for. That's because there are so many weapons you can "create" in your conjuring kettle. Anyway, this is a long game and can take anywhere from 30 to 60 hours to play. Loads of fun though and when you beat it originally and it finishes the credits it will ask you if you want to save the game before the final fight. You must say yes and fly the the "strange altar" that is shown in a quick movie. Once you get there you have to touch the marble panel that's glowing and it will take you on a new journey to Heavenly Dais and the Dragovian Trials. You will collect even more weapons and shields here and the Dragovian Trials are actually tougher than the final boss so you're all prepared to fight him a second time. Oh, and you have to fight him a second time after the Dragovian Trials. Sorry no spoilers here but Hero does learn about his "secret life" and this is why you must fight the big boss again. Truly a cool game!!!
I've beaten quite a lot of games since my last post, to list but a few:

Assassins Creed (360)
I took the time to prepare myself for the sequel by playing through this little gem. Sure the intelligence gathering is a bit repetitive, but I never tire of nailing those pesky archers with a well placed throwing knife.

ActRaiser (SNES)
For some reason I just like playing god-games. "Eat lightning you unhappy peasants! Muahahaha!" I don't know why, it's just soo fun and this one does feature some kickass action.

Mario's Picross (GB)
I just love these kind of puzzles, which is why I ended up beating every single one of them.

Discworld (PS1)
A fun adventure game featuring plenty of that Pratchett humor we've all come to love. I did end up a bit frustrated on a few occasions though (like when I missed the Mallet and ran around for hours without knowing exactly what I was looking for or where to find it).

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
The best Indiana Jones movie never made. The whole game looks and feels like a classic adventure movie, with plenty of action and amazing scenery. My favorite part of the game would have to be the neverending train though, it was just Aw-Suhm!

Brütal Legend (360)
Heavy Metal! What more needs to be said? Featuring the best licensed soundtrack in quite a while, memorable scenery straight out of the best album covers, plenty of action and an interesting real-time strategy component. This game just kicks ass. The end shows up much too soon though...
Just finished Uncharted 2, and it really earned the praise it's getting. I don't know if I'd describe it as all that original, but it was just so *polished*. The attention to detail was amazing, from the graphics to the sound to the voice acting to the controls. If anyone has a PS3 and any inclination to check it out, I highly recommend it.
Since my last posting I've beaten Lego Batman, Resident Evil 5, Quantum of Solace, Wet, and Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony.
Just beat Axelay on hard mode twice in a row to get the good ending. Okay Konami, it's been 17 years now, where's the sequel you promised?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service