I thought I'd bring this here to hopefully draw some more traffic to this group. Inspired by a thread on Gamefaqs, it's basically exactly what it say on the tin. You post here everytime you beat a game (or once a week or so if you want to cut down on the number of posts).

Tags: 360, Dreamcast, NDS, PSOne, Ps1, Sega, X-box, ds, gamecube, nintendo, More…pc, playstation, ps2, ps3, psp, psx, videogames, wii, xbox

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

I played Portal for the first time this weekend and I played it through 3 times, once with developer commentary turned on. Great game! Loads of fun!
Just beat Fable 2 today. If you're familiar with the Fable it follows the same likeness as the first one in a larger world with a more in depth construction of the world and your character (yet not as deep as you want). The main story line, like the first, is incredibly short and has a most anticlimactic ending. However it was, again as the first, the side missions that made the game enjoyable for me, the decisions of choosing evil over good or good over evil. If you enjoyed the first then you'll most definitely like the second, if you've never played it's worth the rent to find out.
Only completed 2 games over the last month.

Need for speed: Undercover (PC)
Seems like a complete fail at first but improves as you progress and get used to it. Personally i would still recommend NFS: Most wanted (black edition)
Rating: 6/10

Tomb Raider Underworld (PC)
Definitely the best of the Tomb Raider series. Great graphics, great gameplay and beautifully thought out environments. Would recommend this to any fans of the genre.
Rating: 9/10
Been doing a lot of gaming over the holidays. Now that they're coming to a close, I might as well summarize the experience:

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
Unlocked Symphony of the Night and the original Rondo of Blood, but since I haven't found all the maidens yet, I didn't get the best ending or the full Dracula fight. Still, it's an awesome game with some great additional content, I highly recommend it.

Final Fantasy IV (DS)
It did a quite nice transition from 2D to 3D, while remaining true to the original. Not my favorite Final Fantasy but a solid one nonetheless. Now all that's left is to aquire the Onion equipment and distribute my augments in preparation for the second run.

Wario: Master of Disguise (DS)
Ah Wario, is there anything you wont do for money? The game can be charming at times and there's plenty of variation and stuff to do, but it just didn't tickle my fancy. Add to that, the main quest is a bit on the easy side, though answering the Sphinx's riddles in chapter 3 can be bit of a pain...

Gears of War (360)
Blasted my through this one with my little brother in one sitting. Despite running into an annoying glitch with the second berserker, it was quite an intense and thrilling ride from start to finish. I highly recommend this one to anyone who likes adrenaline pumping action and heavy machineguns.

Okami (Wii)
How do describe Okami in a way to do it justice? It may be a bit on the easy side with the tons of healing items and revival pouches that you'll pick up along the way, but the way is so beautiful, stylish and outright fun to traverse that you wont mind one bit. It's been described as Capcom's Zelda and it certainly gives even Twilight Princess a run for it's money, while being considerably longer and even throwing in a New Game+ with extra content for completionists. Well worth picking up.
Final Fantasy XII.

All extra Espers collected, Omega Weapon and Yiazmat Defeated, Wyrmhero Blade acquired and the Order of Ambrosia.
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Leon scenario A, Claire scenario B. This one's been sitting in my collection for quite some time. Once I actually got rolling it turned out to be a lot easier than I expected. Should've used the Magnum/Shotgun/Grenade launcher a lot more though... I had tons of ammo for them left in the end.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
A great RPG. The story is a bit on the short side, but there's plenty of sidemissions to pass the time. The ending is a bit of a downer (to say the least), but that shouldn't really come as a surprise for those who've played through Final Fantasy VII.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
Beaten both Sora's and Riku's stories. The final boss for Sora turned out to be a wuss compared to a lot of the others.

Ratchet: Gladiator (PS2)
Also known as Ratchet: Deadlocked. Quite the little gem with plenty of intense action.

Shadow Warriors (GB)
Also known as Ninja Gaiden Shadow. Short and easy, I can practically beat this one in my sleep. But still not a bad way to spend the time.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
There's plenty of stuff to do in this one. Sure, there aren't as many things to play around with in the environment and each soldiers inventory is a bit restricted compared to the console versions. But you can still have a lot of fun kidnapping guards and whatnot. The only thing that annoyed me was that sometimes the boss battles just jumped out at you, so if you weren't prepared, you'd have to face them with a weakling armed with the wrong equipment (alas poor Turtle, you will be missed). That's really only a problem on a first attempt though.

ThunderFox (Taito Legends, PS2)
Fairly standard arcade action. Use your knife and jump kicks to defeat hundreds of enemy soldiers. Similar to, but in my opinion inferior to good old Rush 'n Attack. A bit easier though, since you're not a one hit wonder and this version allows for infinite continues.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
If you can call getting the bad ending "beating it". I've entered Dracula's castle though, so now it's just a matter of hunting him down.

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP)
Great fun in a little package. A solid mix of platforming and action. The only annoying bit is getting all the bolts recuired to buy the fancy equipment (I'm looking at you RYNO).
Because I have a mac and emulators only, my selection is limited currently but here's what I've beaten in the past (that I remember)
- mario kart 64
- super smash bros 64
- pokemon blue and silver (got all 151 in blue as well, I can show you some lesser known glitches)
- super smash bros melee (most characters)
- capcom vs snk 2
- Dead or alive 3 (unlocked EIN...etc. BOOBIES!)
- super mario 2: land of the 6 gold coins- this was the first video game I ever owned. Black and white, on gameboy pocket. Still a very good game.
- Castlevania: portrait of ruin
- Wii sports- bowling and baseball
- pokemon trading card game
- Wario land 4
- Mario Kart advance

Why haven't I beaten more within my life, you ask? My younger brother used to sell game consoles and games we both went in on before I'd finished the game. Douche.

P.S. Ever get 'streetfighter thumb'? And do you guys know if I can get Oblivion IV: the elder scrolls for mac? I doubt it because I've never seen it, but worth asking.
Selling game consoles? Blasphemy!

"P.S. Ever get 'streetfighter thumb'?"

Yeah, except I got it from good old Track & Field II.
I know! I would kill for some of those games back!
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Beaten Dracula with both Shanoa and Albus. All that's left really is getting all the medals and getting all the Boss Rush awards.

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
An absolute classic. Fun and imaginitive, with tons of crazy abilities to try out.

Spyro the Dragon (PS1)
Beaten Gnasty Gnorc, but I've only got a 79% rate of collected items. I guess I'll have to return to this one some time.

Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes (Xbox)
Ran through the whole game in a weekend along with my little brother as a Cleric/Wizard combo. Great game for multiplayer sessions, my only regret is not scouting for two more players before getting started...

Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)
Great game, found and completed 125 puzzles. Now I'm going to need some ice for my brain as it's running a little hot...

Duck Tales (NES)
A nice little trip down memory lane. Easy to beat once I switched to a NES controller with a workable "down" on the directional pad and figured out that you don't have to ride the minecarts in Transylvania (I hate those carts with a vengeance).

Half-Life 2 (The Orange Box, 360)
Great game. Hate Striders, love the Gravity Gun.
In the past two weeks I've played thru:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Killzone 2
Been playing a lot of games since my last post, so let's see:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Finally shelled out for a PS3, sadly it's not PS2 compatible (up yours Sony!). The game was awesome though, the Metal Gear fight took the cake, but the hand to hand combat with Liquid Ocelot at the end was a close second. Tons of weapons left to collect though, so I'll probably do a second run through at some point (or so I keep telling myself).

Chrono Trigger (NDS)
Why did we Europeans have to wait 14 years before this masterpiece saw release I'll never understand. Still, it has stood the test of time and still remains an all-time classic. Shame your pet monster resets every time you go for a new game+...

Sunset Riders (Genesis)
Shotgun owns in this awesome side-scrolling shoot´em´up. The Genesis version might be a bit lacking compared to the arcade and SNES version, but it's still a great game and an absolute blast to play.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Arguably the best side-scrolling beat´em´up ever made. Simply awesome in every sense of the word.

ToeJam & Earl (Genesis)
To be honest I didn't really like this one all that much. Sure, there's a lot of humor in the game but it just got stale and frustrating after oh soo many levels. Ended up hating the tornados and boogeymen.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (NDS)
A solid strategy game. Got a bit repetitive towards the end though since there's really not that much variation between the missions.

Shadowrun (SNES)
Pretty easy once you know what you're supposed to be doing. Towards the end you're pretty much unstoppable, which doesn't stop the enemies from attacking/annoying you with their suicidal antics. Still, I would have loved to see more rpg's make use of the engine in this one, it showed a lot of potential.

Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Whipped Dracula into submission again. Honestly the guy just wont quit, he must have a serious whip-fetish or something... Still, this game has the best whip controls of any castlevania title I've ever played. I wonder why they haven't re-used it?

Resident Evil 5 (360)
Ran through the whole thing the day after release with my little brother playing as Sheva. Awesome co-op and tons of action. We ended up wasting a lot of ammo against Wesker though, since we didn't know what we were supposed to be doing. Honestly, that last fight was practically a Guide Dang It moment.

Street Fighter IV (360)
Been playing this a lot, unlocking all the characters and having a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I still suck at it.

Half-Life 2: Episode One (The Orange Box, 360)
A bit on the short side, but quite a lot of action nonetheless. Not quite ready to try for The One Free Bullet achievement just yet...

Gears of War 2 (360)
Another game I ran through with my brother in one sitting. Heart-pumping action all the way, a real blast to play and you just can't go wrong with sawing people in half with those wicked chainsaw bayonets.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two (The Orange Box, 360)
I can't believe I carried that gnome all the way through this game. Still, I got the achievement and for the most part (carrying a gnome while a helicopter tries to ventilate you is not that fun) had a blast playing it. It got a little hectic towards the end, but I'm finally done with The Orange Box for now.

Silent Hill (PS1)
Another all-time classic and one of the scariest games ever made (playing it with birds chirping outside made for quite a surreal experience). Not surprisingly, I got the bad ending. Then again, the Silent Hill series was never really about "happy" endings in the first place now was it? Loved the "outtakes" after the credits, that was just so random.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service