This was a letter to the editor in our local paper today.

From Cumberland-Times News
www.times-news.com

Search hearts, brains for answers
To the Editor:
Cumberland Times-News

I read the article in today’s paper (“Scientists beaming after test of big atom smasher,” Sept. 11) about the scientists beaming about the big atom smasher.

I have heard it all now and I am sure I will be attacked from all angles. All of the intellects will be rushing to call me stupid. I am just an uneducated wife and mother, although I have a business that is very honorable and has paid our bills for 24 years.

Now, before you attack me, I hope you give all of the following great thought and see where your trillions of dollars are being spent. I am sure we, the taxpayers, have paid for most of it and it is a total humiliating waste of our money and your time. It certainly would feed the world many meals and be helpful in finding cures for the many health problems that humans have created. (You see, in the Garden of Eden there were no health issues, but man had to mess that up right away).

So you have a machine that can blow up tiny particles after 20 years of research. When you did the big bang did it create a sun and a moon and the Earth in between placed in just the exact perfect location to give the soon to come animal particles and plant particles and monkeys and fish and worms just the right vitamins and warmth so that we could evolve from these tiny creatures?

Will your sun give us the perfect warmth all around our world so it will not scorch us to death? Will your moon also give us light and the cool of the night so the plants and animals cool down? Will your bang machine also create gravity so that we don’t fall off?

Oh, and most important, will it command the oceans that they cannot come onto land and wipe us away? Then you need to add the pure water that comes from the cloud formations above the earth that give us the most bang for our bucks because without the pure water we are all dead.

Then if you are able to accomplish all of these marvelous things after spending our tax dollars, will your machine be able to give humans one distinctive gene that no other creature on earth will have? Giving us perfect dominion over all of the earth as the smartest creatures? And I am amazed that you can create trillions of trillions of galaxies trillions of trillions of light years into space and form beautiful stars to light up our night sky so we can enjoy light.

Also, while you are at it would you find out why lots of monkeys decided to stay monkeys instead of having a home, car and job and a spouse and children? I can’t imagine preferring to hang from a tree and run for your life so you don’t get eaten when you could be a human and help to pay for this wonderful Big Bang Machine.

I am not an intellectual by any means and I know your great minds will find a way to answer all of the above plus more jargon to confuse our wonderful children’s minds but you need to really search your hearts and your brains and realistically put all of this into the right perspective.

The Big Bang that you didn’t hear was God’s voice when He spoke the Word and created the Heavens and the Earth. You make it all so complicated when it is so very easy. God loves us and created this beautiful universe for us. Yes, we need to take better care of it but trust me and trust God’s word that this will all be here and is His to do with what He will and it was never man’s idea. As I am sure you have heard thousands of times before, blow up a can of soda and you don’t get a bunch of perfectly formed sodas in tact but what you get is a totally destroyed can of soda and a bunch of tiny sharp objects that are worth nothing.

I thank God for this beautiful Earth, the air I breathe, my eyes to see, and most of all the incredible husband, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren that he gave me to love and enjoy for many years. I don’t know about you but my ancestors were not monkeys. My family is far too beautiful to me to come from anything other than God Himself.

Barbara Snyder

Cumberland

---------------------------------------

She's right about being uneducated and not being an intellectual.

Welcome to western Maryland.

Have at it folks.

Tags: bible, crazy, creationist, letter, thumper

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oooh. I may have to reply to this one, I can't let such ignorance go unanswered.
AAAHHH, THE STOOPID! IT BURNS!
Oh thank you soooo much for that!! It made me laugh myself to tears and I now love you for it. :)
Umm, gee. Given that the LHC is located in Switzerland, the odds of "our" tax dollars being used to build it are precisely zero. And that's only the first thing she gets wrong.

The rest, were it to be explored, would require the energy of the LHC itself, risking a reaction of implosive stupidity that truly could consume Earth.
Well, over 30 countries contributed to the project, which Dr. Stephen Hawking has called "essential to the survival and advancement of the human race". I think I'll take Dr. Hawking's word over some bible-thumping housewife from Maryland.

Actually, I know I will. Any day.
She actually signed her full, real name to this????
How much you want to bet idiot Babs is a Palin supporter?
Yeah, she is right, being intelligent includes the will to learn, she doesn't want to so she isn't.
Amazingly unsurprising. I think it's telling that so many people fear LHC. It is almost as if they fear that their creationist world view is in danger of collapse. Wouldn't that be nice...
I guess that her leaders have condemned the LHC to the devils work, and she was adding her views of it, remember that their leaders tell them not see, read, listen to any of theses devilish things
and thanks for this letter!!!
I think "Barbara Snyder" is Sarah Palin's pseudonym.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Keith Brian Johnson replied to Luara's discussion Puzzle in real analysis in the group Mathematics
4 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
19 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
28 minutes ago
Irrelevant People liked Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
33 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Claire Donnelly's group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
35 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Steph S.'s discussion How to be Tactful Responding With Diplomacy and Grace in the group Ethics and The Atheist
36 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
38 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion A question for the ex-religious
39 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Steph S.'s discussion How to be Tactful Responding With Diplomacy and Grace in the group Ethics and The Atheist
43 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Finland's Gay Bondage Stamps in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
57 minutes ago
Patricia replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service