Bands, genres. Name it all!

There are few metalgenres I don't enjoy that much, metalcore and pure doom would be two of those. I have outgrown most power metal and all its siblings as well as heavy metal and thrash, and goth never did that much to me.

Everything else though, I swallow whole.

My favorite bands would be Insomnium and Kamelot. For more information, check www.last.fm/user/LeaTelamon ;)

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Obviously by my name you could guess I'm an old Manowar fan!

But theres tons of great new bands in the stoner rock genre that I'm only just finding out about.
I'm a huge Valient Thorr fan (I could go on for days about how great they are) and I also love The Sword.

I was an old school thrasher back in the day and these bands on the Volcom label feel new and fresh... a lot like that same sort of revolution we were having back then.

You guys seem old school so I'll put in a plug for Ross The Boss' (orig guitar player for Manowar) new album which sounds suspicously like Manowar used to if you dig that. Just came out a few weeks ago.
Well, some of them are old school :) I am something inbetween.
DawnOwar, It seems you like viking metal, have you heard Rebellion? They are a great Icelandic band. Check them out. I have never heard much Manowar and have never heard Valient Thorr. I will look into them.
All the bands I like have Viking Names :) But they're all totally different!! Manowar's old school true metal, The Sword's very Black Sabbath and Valient Thorr is more sort of punkish heavy rock... comparable to more to Motorhead than anyone!! But it does sound like I've got some sort of Viking thing going on doesn't it???
Nothing wrong with that. .) I have a whole room in my house that is viking themed, and i don't mean the Minnesota vikings. I am talking old school pillage and plunder type. =:O
Vikings rock our socks.
I guess this isn't really metal but any HORSE the band or Blood Brothers fans?
uh I listen to a lot of metal. Black, death, thrash, heavy, power, some goth and a little doom.

Favorite bands is pretty hard to nail down, I like windir, dimmu borgir, finntroll, exodus, behemoth, emperor, death. I like some old school stuff like priest and iron maiden. Slayer isn't bad there old music is pretty good but thats about it.
Bonjour mes amis. I listen to Progressive Metal and Melodic Death Metal, and some other random stuff.

Bands Include:
Tool
Arch Enemy
Amon Amarth
Five Finger Death Punch
Nile
System of a Down
Rage Against the Machine

And I started liking Nightwish AFTER Tarja left. I like Anita, but the bassist seems to want to do most of the vocals.

Any other Tool fans here?
Iron Maiden,
Sonata Arctica,
Nightwish,
Opeth,
Children of Bodom,
Apocalyptica,
Metallica,
Anathema.

Don't know much about genres and things, I just go with what I like.
Ministry (hah), 16 Volt, Centhron, Leaetherstrip, Nitzer Ebb, Rammstein, Suicide Commando, Wumpscut, KMFDM

Do that type of eletro-industrial stuff count. :-p
Well, one can argue whether they are metal bands or not but if you think they are metal for you they are :) Let's stay out of the elitist metal atmosphere that is so common in so many other groups, aye?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service