A local church in Huntsville, AL is giving a sermon on September 21st with the above title.

They took out an Ad in the Redstone (Army) Arsenal Rocket newspaper inviting people to the service.

The ad recommends reading two resources before attending:

"Does the Universe have a Purpose?" and "Does Science Make Belief in God Obsolete?" -- Both provided by download from www.templeton.org. Yes, the granters of the annual Templeton Prize mentioned by Dr. Richard Dawkins in "The God Delusion".

I am considering attending and would like to know if their are any other freethinkers in the Huntsville area that would like to attend and perhaps have some strength in numbers?

Note there is a lunch discussion following. Could be some good, if not fruitless, debate. Therefore I would recommend the 11am service.

Bring your Bible (skeptically annotated of course), your Richard Dawkins and your Sam Harris :)

Tags: Alabama, Big Bang, Huntsville, Science and Faith, Templeton

Views: 4

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if I would want to go to those.

Well, I can't since the date has past. :-( I couldn't go even if because I schedule a meetup for that day.

Did you go? Was it any good?

Just a suggestion, you might have been more successful posting this toAlabama Atheists group on here. Or posting it to the North Alabama Freethought Association.

In reason,
Micah Cochran
Organizer, Florence United Nontheists
Assistant Organizer, North Alabama Freethought Association

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service