The 1990s featured a split in music styles exaggerating, with wildly popular hits from very different genres. The 90s pop music was almost aggressively cheerful, as evidenced by "Mmm Bop" by teeny boy boppers Hanson.

Mainstream commercial rap and R&B set deep roots during this decade, with huge hits like Will Smith's "Men in Black".

The alternative music scene was influenced both by its Seattle grunge roots and the punk rock of a prior generation.

Another rising music trend was the female singer-songwriter, aka Chick Rock. These included Lisa Loeb, Gwen Stefani, Tori Amos, and Alanis Morisette.

And how could we ever forget about girl power?

Finally, there was Britney. And N*Sync and the Backstreet Boys.

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Block Rockin Beats was disabled, so in it's place is Galvanized. Galvanized was released in 2005, but the rest of the Chemical Brothers hits came out in the 90's. I hope you'll forgive me for a minor breach of forum relevance.

' />

"Block Rocking Beats" was probably one of the first songs I was fully and truly under the influence to. Ah, memories.
This song was really important and personal for me. I still love the poetry of the lyrics.

IMO, the best song of the decade:

I still listen to the Chili Peppers, Goo Goo Dolls and Gwen. I sometimes pull out my old No Doubt album and listen to it! I never cared much for Britney, Hansen (AUUGHHH!) and those creepy Spice Girls.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service