I don't know about you all but I am sick and tired of not being heard on a national level, state level, or county level. I am tired of seeing my tax dollars being used to try and convince us that were are the one's who are crazy simply because we don't believe in the invisible known as "GOD".

I propose 1 year from now we all gather together our forces and march on WASHINGTON D.C. as a show of strength, support, brotherhood, and unity here in America. I would like those out there to join, help plan, help organize, gather permits, you name it to descend on Washington DC to show that we are not the immoral evil people that we are constantly made out to be in the news media. I'm tired of feeling like I have to take a backseat in public life and the ridicule the comes along with being an Atheist. As well to show that yes, there are BLACK ATHEISTS out there in America that are not only proud, but willing to stand and be seen as an actual US CITIZEN. If anyone has any ideas on helping me put this thing together by all means let me know. Because I am serious and feel like this is something we can all do and need to get done.

Tags: Challenge, DC, Marches, Million

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heh. I'm just hoping that people don't get caught up in internecine squabbling about the best regional style in which to barbecue a baby. I would say long pork qualifies!

Sadly ironic: I was a vegetarian the entire time I lived in the southern US.
Heh. I don't think I've ever had heartburn. It might be because it didn't come installed at the factory.
Outstanding idea! Count me in.
Pretty cold in D.C. in March. Late April or early May would probably be better. Might catch the cherry blossoms.
dot, dot, dot dash, dash, dash dot, dot dot... Could we consider Independence Day if the Day of Reason won't work? Anyway count me in to help out.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service