All Discussions Tagged 'theism' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Want to understand

So I've been involved in a lot of discussion about religion lately, where I on one side maintain that religion, in all its organized forms,…

Started by Mick Ohrberg

14 Jun 4, 2012
Reply by Mick Ohrberg

Some ideas?

We would love your input in picking a name and a tag line! Feel free to mix and match and let us know what is your favorite. Please see i…

Started by Jason Testerman

0 May 7, 2012

Why do theists think it's arrogant to believe there isn't a God?

During a discussion a theist friend of mine suggested that 'atheism is just so arrogant', and I was wondering what may have led them to thi…

Started by Syntax Error

35 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by Tara Benson

How Would You Answer This?

Ok, that sounds good. Thanks for the discussion so far. But real quick, may I ask you this question: What is the inverse of the statement "…

Started by Nathan Hevenstone

5 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by George

How Atheism Can Make the World Better By Tearing Down Religious Irrationality

Makes sense, but I think she assumes too much conformity among atheists, as not all of them are liberal, non-sexist, anti-authoritarian, ac…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jul 6, 2011

Can a theist be moral?

Theists often ask the question of whether one can be moral without God.  It is of course an absurd question, but a more interesting questio…

Started by Against All Fanatics

9 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by Steve

Presuppositional apologetics: explanation requested.

Can someone spell this out so I can understand it or am I reading too much into the argument? Seems to me it's another twist in the realm o…

Started by James Turkia

7 May 23, 2010
Reply by Phil

Theism and the sunk cost fallacy

There are a number of reasons why people remain wedded to their religions. If you're wanting to discuss the virtue of rejecting theism, the…

Started by Peter Brooks

1 Mar 15, 2010
Reply by Stewart Henderson

Please contribute: what are the most objectionable/obviously outdated bits of the Bible?

As a lifelong atheist (I was lucky to have agnostic parents), my knowledge of the Bible is sketchy to say the least.I'm collecting some pos…

Started by Sigmund

38 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by JstN Earthling

Why Don't You Believe in god(gods)?

So since this is the Atheist Nexus I'm going to asume everyone is Non-Theist. Personally god never held much appeal to me, even though bot…

Started by Shav_Med

14 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by ryan cameron

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service