All Discussions Tagged 'society' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is Social resistance to atheism comparable to the rock revolution?

I have often heard (from my highly religious family and others) that atheism is just a stage people (mostly youth) go through, and his got…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

10 Mar 26
Reply by M J Murcott

Spirituality Makes Us Stupid, Selfish, and Unhappy

Never thought I'd read this from a faither... How Contemporary Spirituality Makes Us Stupid, Selfish, and Unhappy What’s the most importan…

Started by TNT666

0 Mar 4, 2013

Should You Be Offended When I Tell You That You're Wrong?

Are people generally rational or irrational and has that changed over the course of history?   Rationality is the operation of reason; the…

Started by Andrew Altomare

19 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by booklover

Larry Flynt talked about his book Sex Lies and Politics: The Naked Truth, published by Kensington Books

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/SexLLarry Flynt talked about his book Sex Lies and Politics: The Naked Truth, published by Kensington Bo…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Apr 11, 2012

How Atheism Can Make the World Better By Tearing Down Religious Irrationality

Makes sense, but I think she assumes too much conformity among atheists, as not all of them are liberal, non-sexist, anti-authoritarian, ac…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jul 6, 2011

Predictions For 2011 — From 1931

Predictions For 2011 — From 1931 Back in 1931, The New York Times asked a bunch of luminaries to predict what the world would be like in 20…

7 Dec 17, 2010
Reply by Dustin Martin

What Darwin Didn't Mean

What Darwin Didn't Mean We’re so proud of our dog-eat-dog world that we fail to notice that it’s not Nice guys finish last. Survival of the…

0 Jul 29, 2010

Are self-declared atheists still treated as (social) pariahs?

Here in Australia we are well known for our religious indifference, much to the chagrin of the faithful. However even in this environment m…

Started by Alex McCullie

29 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Alex McCullie

Humane Society of the US "Faith Outreach" Program

I recently found out about the Humane Society of the US's "Faith Outreach Program," which you can read more about on their website:http://w…

Started by Justin Van Kleeck

0 May 24, 2010

Is there really a difference?

Is there really a difference between a religion and a cult other than size and social acceptance?

Started by cj the cynic

13 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by Chase

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service