All Discussions Tagged 'slavery' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"I Think / Therefore ...." WHAT?

I've been listening to a Teaching Company course titled Tools of Thinking. One of its lectures concerns Rene Descartes, who in his time was…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Mar 1
Reply by Acciaccatura G Major

Irish Ex-catholics, help me out! http://thenewwildgeese.com/forum/topics/ireland-to-pay-magdalene-victims-at-least-34-5-million?commentId=6442157%3AComment%3A37474&xg_source=msg_com_forum --

Are there any Irish here who would like to share your opinions of the Magdalene Asylums which were run by Irish nuns from 1922 until 1996 a…

Started by Dogly

6 Jan 14
Reply by Dogly

Irish Ex-catholics, help me out! http://thenewwildgeese.com/forum/topics/ireland-to-pay-magdalene-victims-at-least-34-5-million?commentId=6442157%3AComment%3A37474&xg_source=msg_com_forum --

Are there any Irish here who would like to share your opinions of the Magdalene Asylums which were run by Irish nuns from 1922 until 1996 a…

Started by Dogly

6 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

AFA spokesman says the Tea Party was responsible for ending slavery in America

Yesterday (Oct. 13) on his radio program, American Family Association spokesman, Bryan Fischer claimed Muslims were responsible for slavery…

Started by Hugh Kramer

9 Oct 19, 2011
Reply by FreeThinker

Where can I find a good review of the histocial pro-slavery actions of religion?

Dinesh D'Souza is trying to make the peerverted argument that religion helped abolish slavery more than it helped justify it.  Anyone know…

Started by eric stone

4 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by W Preston Gardner

The Gauntlet is Thrown

I view the Texas School Board textbook fiasco, occurring as it does on the Tea Party-supported election of Rand Paul, as the throwing down…

Started by James M. Martin

0 May 22, 2010

YOUR MARLBOROS... AND CHILD LABOUR IN MALAWI

Unreported World: Tobacco's Child Workers I have just watched this documentary on British Channel4, and was so moved I simply had to share…

Started by Agatka Radwańska

4 May 15, 2010
Reply by Martin Allen

Who Are You Calling Crazy?

Interesting (and brief) article. Deals with racism and politics. - DG Who Are You Calling Crazy? Madness was a recurring theme in America…

Started by A Former Member

20 Jan 17, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service