All Discussions Tagged 'science' (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

progress, science and "one god"

This particular thread could have gone in the science one as well, I suppose, but it ended up here.  This is something I read today in Poul…

Started by Sandra Stott

3 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by John D

Asking advice on a physical community of reason

Recently some thoughts that had occurred to me after reaching the conclusion that if one doesn't believe in an afterlife, then what more no…

Started by James Tyrrell

0 Aug 22, 2010

"Science" on US currency

Once upon a time (specifically, 1896) US paper currency not only didn't feature the motto "In God We Trust", but it featured a pictoral rep…

Started by FreeThinker

2 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Goz

Cool Atheist/Science Stuff to wear.

Hey whaddya know - not a rant!It's my birthday at the end of the month, figured I might get a new atheist / science based t-shirt.I've alre…

Started by Richard Healy

3 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Bill Nye the Science Guy receives top humanist award in San Jose

On Sunday, June 6, the man known to millions of children as Bill Nye the Science Guy, will be named the American Humanist Association's 201…

Started by Hugh Kramer

6 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by sacha

Hello there, nice to be here :)

I have recently become more and more aware that I am not "just" a non-theist I am actively non-theistic and I while on the whole I don't mi…

Started by James Tyrrell

9 May 19, 2010
Reply by Jaume

Movie: The Scientist (2010)

I just watched a movie trailer on the Apple website for an upcoming movie titled 'The Scientist'. The premise of the movie is an exploratio…

Started by Tom Thompson

12 May 15, 2010
Reply by Ray

Biologist tackles Intelligent Design in L.A.

It's a busy weekend for the folks of Atheists United in Los Angeles. Not only are some of them attending Hemant Mehta's (atheist and author…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Mad Scientist seeks associates

I am what I claim to be. I am entirely mad by any average measure, and a scientist by my own guidelines. Of course, I care not by what othe…

Started by Demopoly

22 Apr 15, 2010
Reply by Demopoly

Your Brain: Modifying morality with magnets

A new study by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) claims that, by by using magnetic pulses to block cell activity in one speci…

Started by Hugh Kramer

5 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Hugh Kramer

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Bertold Brautigan replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
38 seconds ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
2 minutes ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
4 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan posted discussions
6 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
11 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
19 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Pity Poor Rush, Whose Panties Are in a Wad Because There Might Be a Black James Bond
23 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
24 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Loren Miller's discussion Christmas: Behind the Curtain (The Thinking Atheist) in the group Hang With Friends
27 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Atheism and the Holocaust: Primo Levi and Os Guiness
34 minutes ago
41 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Matt Gabe's discussion Atheists who preach religion and theists who preach atheism
50 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service