All Discussions Tagged 'science' (72)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hello there, nice to be here :)

I have recently become more and more aware that I am not "just" a non-theist I am actively non-theistic and I while on the whole I don't mi…

Started by James Tyrrell

9 May 19, 2010
Reply by Jaume

Movie: The Scientist (2010)

I just watched a movie trailer on the Apple website for an upcoming movie titled 'The Scientist'. The premise of the movie is an exploratio…

Started by Tom Thompson

12 May 15, 2010
Reply by Ray

Biologist tackles Intelligent Design in L.A.

It's a busy weekend for the folks of Atheists United in Los Angeles. Not only are some of them attending Hemant Mehta's (atheist and author…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Mad Scientist seeks associates

I am what I claim to be. I am entirely mad by any average measure, and a scientist by my own guidelines. Of course, I care not by what othe…

Started by Demopoly

22 Apr 15, 2010
Reply by Demopoly

Your Brain: Modifying morality with magnets

A new study by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) claims that, by by using magnetic pulses to block cell activity in one speci…

Started by Hugh Kramer

5 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Hugh Kramer

HOW A GOVERNMENT CAN PROMOTE AN ILLEGAL PROFESSION?

The ‘Science and Rationalists Association of India’ popularly known as ‘Juktibadi Samiti’ is working for eradication of superstition and ra…

Started by BIPLAB DAS

2 Feb 22, 2010
Reply by BIPLAB DAS

Is Young Earth Creationism Destroying Science?

Are the young earth creationists destroying our faith in science?  I have been having this discussion with a few friends of mine, lately.  …

Started by Waylon Hedegaard

10 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by ryan cameron

James Randi said I can't call it 'shameless' self-promotion because it's redundant. So here: Watch my athiest/skeptical webseries. Please.

Can't really think of more fun way to post this than this topic. I've cross-posted this and I apologize for that, but I really feel that it…

Started by Adi Ashburner

2 Jan 28, 2010

What do Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins have in common?

Quite a lot, actually, IMHO. A lot of people use Carl Sagan as an example of how Richard Dawkins should change his ways to be more accommo…

Started by Wonderist

7 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by David Miller

I think dinosaurs made me an atheist....

Dinosaurs were my first introduction to science. Like most kids I loved dinosaurs, but unlike most kids I was truly passionate about learni…

Started by OutlawGirl

11 Nov 29, 2009
Reply by Kyle Ziggy

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service