All Discussions Tagged 'school' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Education, Detroit style. Template for a better future (worldwide) imho:

hrmmm... solutions indeed. imho.. the solutions begin at these 'free schools' that i keep hearing about up north. kids/young adults demandi…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 May 22, 2012
Reply by John D

Charter school paid for by tax money is blatantly breaking establishment clause - What can I do?

http://truthcampus.org/ This charter "school" paid for by my tax dollars is blatantly breaking the establishment clause. They charge no t…

Started by Ryan

7 May 6, 2012
Reply by Karin Cummings

Encourage Tennessee Gov to Veto Creationism in Science Class Bill

Just this week, the Tennessee legislature passed a bill that would allow public school teachers to teach creationism in addition to evolu…

Started by annet

0 Mar 31, 2012

Prayer at the pole

My school just had it's 3rd annual "Prayer at the pole." Apparently it's a nation wide program sponsored by various american churches in wh…

Started by Daniel PD

0 Mar 19, 2012

Pledge of Allegiance

I remember when I was in elementry school that if we didn't say pledge of allegiance your in serious trouble. If uou said anything during m…

Started by Vincent Berardi

0 Feb 18, 2012

Stop "Creation Science" Indiana Senate, The State of Indiana, petition:

The passage of this bill and the teaching of so-called creation science in public schools greatly undermines the value of American educatio…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

20 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

Most interesting school assignment ever

Hi everyone,   I am finishing up my last semester in high school and as part of my AP English class I have been given the assignment to wri…

Started by Emily Frias

16 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by S Davenport

Student looking for resources

Hi everyone,   My name is Emily and I am new to Atheist Nexus. I joined recently because I am working on a project for school which I descr…

Started by Emily Frias

3 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Jedi Wanderer

Black Mom Jailed for Sending Kids to White School—Grandpa Guilty of Stealing White Kids’ Education

Kelly Williams-Bolar of Ohio was sentenced to 10 days in jail and placed on three year’s probation for sending her kids to a school distric…

Started by pantagruel1

0 Jan 25, 2011

Needing advice about friend's child

I am really bothered by the amount of Jesus spewing forth from my friend's two year old. They go to a Community of Christ Church on sundays…

Started by AletheaT

5 Dec 27, 2010
Reply by Navin Johnson

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service