All Discussions Tagged 'school' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tips for the student Atheist

First of all I'm sorry if this is a repetitive thread, but I would like some help with this. I'm currently in high school, I get a lot of c…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

6 on Thursday
Reply by Freethinker31

What to do about the passive apologists

I have a few of these at my school who are completely deluded. Ironically they're some of my closest friends but they are just batshit insa…

Started by Aaron Ferrao

32 May 19
Reply by BarbaraSATX

Prayer at School

When i was in high school, and first became an atheist, prayer was everywhere. We were FORCED, once during rehearsal (i was in marching ban…

Started by Andrew Greene

10 Oct 7, 2013
Reply by Susan Stanko

Bushwhacked book captures that moment of infamy in TX; 'faith based init...' 'torture!?' of young Texans? really!?

"..you may want an investigationon how they're killing you with legislation" - Tombstone Da Deadman, One Percent track~}so go keep pushing…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by Stephanie Morgan

Atheist and freethought brochures were distributed at 11 Orange County high schools on Thursday without major problems

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-05-02/features/os-atheist-brochures-distributed-orange-schools-20130502_1_brochures-major-problems

10 May 16, 2013
Reply by Lillie

A Family Quandary: Should I speak up or stay silent?

Hey fellow nontheists, First an apology for being so inactive these past several month. I've been participating in a lot of nontheist comm…

Started by Nate Wynd

3 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Greg

Share your school shooting memes

Started by Hiram

0 Dec 20, 2012

Justice Dept. Prosecutors Sue Mississippi for "School to Prison Pipeline"

The Justice Department is suing state and local officials in Mississippi for allegedly violating the rights of children — especially black…

0 Oct 25, 2012

Mexico police arrest student protesters in campus raids (due to anti-computer science philo?) wtf?

praying hands galore.. yep that's vatican love for ya~ pfffft sorry folks~~~~~~~~ The standoff at the colleges began earlier this month, wh…

0 Oct 16, 2012

What 'no child left behind' wa$ really about.. and it twaz not faith.. faith in profit yes.

0 Aug 14, 2012

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service