All Discussions Tagged 'rights' (29)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent

Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent * Ginsburg opens with a bang, immediately describing the decision a…

Started by Joan Denoo

9 Jul 31
Reply by Sentient Biped

Women for Change

Women for a Change The lives of both my grandmothers and my mother were plagued by the prevailing belief and  governmental stance that viol…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 Jul 30
Reply by Joan Denoo

Religious liberty belongs to everyone, not just the religious right

Religious liberty belongs to everyone, not just the religious right "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Jul 23

US FINALLY exhibits leadership regarding Uganda's Kill the Gays Bill

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/06/19/further-us-efforts-protect-human-rights-uganda Further U.S. Efforts to Protect Human Rights in Ug…

Started by Hiram

1 Jun 21
Reply by Sentient Biped

As Women Grow Their Economic and Political Power, How Will Morality Change?

In the mid-1970s Congress sent the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) out to the states for ratification and a political battle ensued. Due to my…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

0 Apr 17

How Many Guns Has God Got?

As World War Two was ending a diplomat told Joseph Stalin he should stop repressing Catholics in the parts of Eastern Europe his military c…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

2 Mar 6
Reply by Michael Penn

She Can Lower the New Year Ball in Times Square, But Can She Leave Her Catholicism Out of Her Supreme Court Decisions?

I was pleased when President Obama nominated Sonia Sotomayor as an associate justice to the Supreme Court. There was no indication she migh…

Started by James M. Martin

0 Jan 1

As the Annual War on Christmas (and Everything Christian) Revs Up, We Can Thank James Madison ...

...for both major and minor victories. Madison's major victories (and those of other founders) are described in The Founding Fathers and th…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

1 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by k.h. ky

Drug nation

I'll try to post this with brevity in mind, and to be as clear and concise as possible. The question I'm asking is where we stand on drug…

Started by Mathew T.

2 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by Napoleon Bonaparte

Will Egypt Degenerate into a Theocracy?

One year ago, our planet lost eminent author Christopher Hitchens whose book God is Not Great had as subtitle "How Religion Poisons Everyth…

Started by Hiram

1 Dec 19, 2012
Reply by Humble Pie

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service