All Discussions Tagged 'right' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Family Values

Right Wing Republicans  always  say they are the party  for Family Values........It is  a code word against  Gay Families, Abortion Rights,…

Started by Freethinker31

60 Sep 23
Reply by Plinius

A right-brain basis for atheism?

It's considered correct for atheists to insist we have values. But the values I see us testifying to come mostly from past movements and ag…

Started by Shaun Johnston

15 May 11, 2013

One step forward, one step back

Recent politics in Australia has resulted in an encouraging step forward and one disappointing step backwards. Senator Cori Bernadi, Parli…

Started by MB

1 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Should You Be Offended When I Tell You That You're Wrong?

Are people generally rational or irrational and has that changed over the course of history?   Rationality is the operation of reason; the…

Started by Andrew Altomare

19 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by booklover

Organize or die. It may just save your life. Literally.

In the wake of the massive tragedy in Norway, I implore all my atheist friends here to join the National Atheist Party. Your life may one d…

Started by Joe Bruemmer

29 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by Joe Bruemmer

Are There Any Conservative Atheists?

It seems as though "religious right" is a compound, indivisible word...is there such a thing as the "religious left" or the "atheist right"…

Started by Ruth Dickson

78 Sep 28, 2011
Reply by Sassan K.

Concerns about Religious Right are not overblown

From Psychology Today, a response to a Washington Post writer who claims concerns about the Religious Right are overblown:   Concerns about…

Started by Dave Niose

3 Aug 24, 2011
Reply by Butterfly Ocean

Trust TheOnion.com to get things right!

I came accross this powerful bit of writing the other day and thought it was worth spreading far and wide...   http://www.theonion.com/arti

Started by MB

1 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Vanessa Weeks

Warning: HEAD MAY EXPLODE!

Remember that scene from Scanners when that dude's head blew up? Well, my friends, after watching this interview I fear that this may be th…

Started by Todd Draper

2 Mar 10, 2010
Reply by John D

Newt Gingrich- No longer conservative about his religion

No longer conservative about his religion By Dana Milbank Tuesday, November 10, 2009 It says much about the transformation of the Republi…

Started by Nate

0 Nov 10, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service