All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (200)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 8 (June-July 2013) [YouTube]

We already know the crap that religion subjects people to.  Still, for those who may wonder or who want to be able to show theists who want…

Started by Loren Miller

3 Jul 21, 2013
Reply by John Aultman

"Say 'Amen' one hundred times each day." WHAT!?!?!

Say "So be it" a hundred times each day? Consent a hundred times each day? At the first religious service I've been to in about six years -…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

0 Jun 23, 2013

Praying encourages passivity, for people and for organizations. It harms both.

We who don't pray know that praying for relief from problems encourages passivity. The reverse is true as well. Passive people, who feel po…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

9 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by booklover

Morals in Men - Morals in Chimps - Why? (CNN - Kelly Murray)

Being nice to others and cooperating with them aren't uniquely human traits. Frans de Waal, director of Emory University's Living Links Cen…

Started by Loren Miller

5 May 18, 2013
Reply by Sentient Biped

The coming evangelical collapse

Has anyone read this article? http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0310/p09s01-coop.html This is welcome news to me as I am sure it is to other n…

Started by Jennifer Rosamond

11 Apr 21, 2013
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

Is Life After Religion What You Expected?*

If I had put my expectations into words I would have said "Life can't get any worse!" (I was before college a Catholic.) Life couldn't get…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

13 Apr 19, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Is Quitting Catholicism Easier or Harder Than Quitting Protestantism?

I ask partly because so many people on A/N and elsewhere have said they quit religion soon after they read the Old Testament or a part of i…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Secular Comedy, The Bane of Religion/Superstition

In Australia we had a National Television (ABC) comedy satirical game show entitled: "Good News Week", where the majority of the comedians…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

8 Mar 18, 2013
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Has American capitalism caused or contributed to American religiosity?

Richard Posner, a Federal Appellate Court judge and a Univ. of Chicago law professor, said in his 1992 Sex and Reason that America, alone i…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

3 Mar 13, 2013
Reply by Ted Foureagles

Spirituality Makes Us Stupid, Selfish, and Unhappy

Never thought I'd read this from a faither... How Contemporary Spirituality Makes Us Stupid, Selfish, and Unhappy What’s the most importan…

Started by TNT666

0 Mar 4, 2013

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service