All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (204)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Proof that pro-lifers fund Iran...

In a round about. laundering way.. ha. yeah one could say a gov shutdown because of some anti-abortion. or anti regulation types.. wanna..…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Oct 4, 2013

What religion has contributed to the world - Special Report #5: The Victims of Blasphemy Laws

The YouTube member ConversationWithA has produced a special report on the issue of blasphemy in islamic countries, including Saudi Arabia,…

Started by Loren Miller

13 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 9 (July-August 2013)

Attacks on women with acid, accusations of apostasy for blog posts or tweets, with threats of jail, lashes and possibly death, singling out…

Started by Loren Miller

7 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by Easton Le

Atheism, pure or applied?

The author Eric Kaufman ends his book Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? with the statement: Without an ideology to inspire social cohe…

Started by Daniel Gat

31 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Abigail Anonymous

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 8 (June-July 2013) [YouTube]

We already know the crap that religion subjects people to.  Still, for those who may wonder or who want to be able to show theists who want…

Started by Loren Miller

3 Jul 21, 2013
Reply by John Aultman

"Say 'Amen' one hundred times each day." WHAT!?!?!

Say "So be it" a hundred times each day? Consent a hundred times each day? At the first religious service I've been to in about six years -…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

0 Jun 23, 2013

Praying encourages passivity, for people and for organizations. It harms both.

We who don't pray know that praying for relief from problems encourages passivity. The reverse is true as well. Passive people, who feel po…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

9 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by booklover

Morals in Men - Morals in Chimps - Why? (CNN - Kelly Murray)

Being nice to others and cooperating with them aren't uniquely human traits. Frans de Waal, director of Emory University's Living Links Cen…

Started by Loren Miller

5 May 18, 2013
Reply by Sentient Biped

The coming evangelical collapse

Has anyone read this article? http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0310/p09s01-coop.html This is welcome news to me as I am sure it is to other n…

Started by Jennifer Rosamond

11 Apr 21, 2013
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

Is Life After Religion What You Expected?*

If I had put my expectations into words I would have said "Life can't get any worse!" (I was before college a Catholic.) Life couldn't get…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

13 Apr 19, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service