All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (200)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Religious Training Succeeds When It Creates Trolls

"There's a whole world out here!!"   At 27 years of age (decades ago) I was glimpsing a world outside Catholicism. What I saw frightened me…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

2 Nov 30, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Religious Mergers in Health Care

Do you have increasing numbers of mergers between health care facilities occurring in you community or state? Do the mergers involve one or…

Started by Liz E

5 Nov 26, 2013
Reply by Liz E

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 12 (October-November 2013)

The first report in this particular episode is the one I find the most disturbing, because of the kids.  I'm supposed to believe that the k…

Started by Loren Miller

2 Nov 19, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

As the Annual War on Christmas (and Everything Christian) Revs Up, We Can Thank James Madison ...

...for both major and minor victories. Madison's major victories (and those of other founders) are described in The Founding Fathers and th…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

1 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by k.h. ky

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 11 (September-October 2013)

An interesting note about this particular episode: it includes multiple religious violations, including Catholics, Jews, Muslims and Buddhi…

Started by Loren Miller

0 Oct 17, 2013

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 10 (August-September 2013)

I would have thought that, with all the attention and at least some action taken to publicize and stop the actions of pedophile priests to…

Started by Loren Miller

2 Oct 14, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

Proof that pro-lifers fund Iran...

In a round about. laundering way.. ha. yeah one could say a gov shutdown because of some anti-abortion. or anti regulation types.. wanna..…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Oct 4, 2013

What religion has contributed to the world - Special Report #5: The Victims of Blasphemy Laws

The YouTube member ConversationWithA has produced a special report on the issue of blasphemy in islamic countries, including Saudi Arabia,…

Started by Loren Miller

13 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 9 (July-August 2013)

Attacks on women with acid, accusations of apostasy for blog posts or tweets, with threats of jail, lashes and possibly death, singling out…

Started by Loren Miller

7 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by Easton Le

Atheism, pure or applied?

The author Eric Kaufman ends his book Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? with the statement: Without an ideology to inspire social cohe…

Started by Daniel Gat

31 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Abigail Anonymous

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service