All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (204)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Secular, Atheist, etc. Content Needed for My Book

Hello Friends! I am writing a book on consciousness and freethought and would like to have a section of quotes or comments from you. Not t…

Started by Charlies T. Rentz

0 Feb 18

Incentive

Defined by webster (n) stimulus,motive. Manufacturing left the USA under the watchful eyes of the US Congress and Government officials.This…

Started by Richard C Brown

1 Feb 6
Reply by Michael Penn

Evangelically Atheist - Page Launch

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/evangelically-atheist-page-launch/x/42022 (Currently, I'm almost 20% to my goal for the crowdfund - You d…

Started by Steve Dustcircle

0 Jan 18

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 14 (December-January 2014)

Kids beaten because they're supposedly demons, a young boy whose penis was cut off by a mohel, a religious organization ruling that the int…

Started by Loren Miller

2 Jan 18
Reply by Loren Miller

Judge allows child from ‘Thug Circle’ video to live with young mother in foster home

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/13/judge-allows-child-from-thug-circle-video-to-live-with-young-mother-in-foster-home/St. Ace  said:I'm…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Jan 15
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

It's helpful to be religious at work

thetelegraph.com Article "Religion forms a buffer against stress in the workplace" "those with a faith are less anxious in the work place,…

Started by Sentient Biped

8 Jan 14
Reply by booklover

The Science of Belief - neuroscience, evolution, biology, psychology, and more

Via secular news daily,, this article on Salon.com  "This is your brain on religion" The author discusses how religion evolves, how long i…

Started by Sentient Biped

3 Jan 5
Reply by matthew greenberg

Assange likens surveillance to reformation-era Catholic Church on BBC ‘religion’ show

The WikiLeaks founder added: “To keep a person ignorant is to place them in a cage. The powerful – if they want to keep their power – will…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 Jan 2
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 13 (November-December 2013)

With this episode, in addition to the by-now predictable occurrences of rape and child abuse by priests or those representing themselves as…

Started by Loren Miller

2 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Pat

If, instead of xianity's lies, you'd been told of your blue-green algae / cyanobacteria / pond scum ancestors, ...

... how would your worldview have been affected? And perhaps your emotional health? Can I answer those questions without describing a world…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

17 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by booklover

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service