Atheist Nexus Logo

All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (220)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"God Bless America" being in Public School Curriculum"

Hi all, My son just joined the choir at his elementary school. He's eight years old and in second grade. I know there's a combined school c…

Started by Jason Andrews

25 Mar 16
Reply by Greg

Just when you thought...

...America was making some progress towards becoming a secular nation, what with all our many secular/atheist organizations, you realize wh…

Started by Alan Perlman

6 Mar 15
Reply by Patricia

My motives for writing about religion

My motives for writing about religion occur because I see all the harm caused by self-righteousness and proselytizing religious people. Man…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Feb 23
Reply by Greg

Atheists are more special than they realize.

Firstly, The question is, how do people get to be atheists? The most common path to becoming an atheist is through Rational Critical Thinki…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

28 Feb 23
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

It's 2015 and Congress Is Almost Entirely Made Up of White Christian Men

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/congress-not-diverse?akid=12656.1080395.W5M3SB&rd=1&src=newsletter1029834&t=10 Cong…

Started by Bertold Brautigan

24 Jan 8
Reply by Idaho Spud

Why isn't religion inspired harassment and ostracism illegal or a hate-crime?

It seems to me that religion incites the harassment of its critics and enemies by millions of it followers.  They send down their military…

Started by eric stone

10 Dec 11, 2014
Reply by Joan Denoo

Richard Dawkins speaks to a Hasidic rabbi on religious day schools and evolution

(Warning: there's a loud noise at 0:48. Be careful if you're wearing earphones!) Richard Dawkins speaks strongly about young-Earth-crea…

Started by Grinning Cat

6 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Grinning Cat

Science vs Religion

Most of us are quite  critical of religion, including myself........However, I do feel that religion and science  can co-exist.............…

Started by Freethinker31

1 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Christiany does more harm than good

Valerie Tarico I think she nicely describes point by point why religion is harmful.  One of her main points is about tribalism - which I t…

Started by Daniel W

20 Nov 20, 2014
Reply by James M. Martin

Religion and Violence in History -- C-SPAN2 Author Interview on Nov 16

Karen Armstrong--on November 16 at 8:45 PM Eastern--talks for just under an hour on her book Fields of Blood: Religion and the History of V…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Nov 17, 2014
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service