All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (198)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Science of Belief - neuroscience, evolution, biology, psychology, and more

Via secular news daily,, this article on Salon.com  "This is your brain on religion" The author discusses how religion evolves, how long i…

Started by Sentient Biped

3 Jan 5
Reply by matthew greenberg

Assange likens surveillance to reformation-era Catholic Church on BBC ‘religion’ show

The WikiLeaks founder added: “To keep a person ignorant is to place them in a cage. The powerful – if they want to keep their power – will…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 Jan 2
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 13 (November-December 2013)

With this episode, in addition to the by-now predictable occurrences of rape and child abuse by priests or those representing themselves as…

Started by Loren Miller

2 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Pat

If, instead of xianity's lies, you'd been told of your blue-green algae / cyanobacteria / pond scum ancestors, ...

... how would your worldview have been affected? And perhaps your emotional health? Can I answer those questions without describing a world…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

17 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by booklover

Children were to be labelled as racists

A "racial discrimination" note would be added to their child's education record if they didn't go on a religious trip. http://www.bbc.co.uk

Started by M J Murcott

6 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by k.h. ky

JESUS CAMP 2006

I'm a self made computer guru that has XBMC on my Windows system. It means I can watch pretty much anything I want anytime I want. Today I…

Started by Michael Penn

5 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Special Report #6: The Victims of Male Circumcision

Over the years, the news has tattooed our ears with the travesty which is female genital mutilation.  But what about MEN, and what about th…

Started by Loren Miller

17 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

Rabbi Explains why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good!?!

It's a sick & twisted world when this is allowed!!Rabbi Explains why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good!?!

Started by Homo Erectus

22 Dec 2, 2013
Reply by Loren Miller

Religious Training Succeeds When It Creates Trolls

"There's a whole world out here!!"   At 27 years of age (decades ago) I was glimpsing a world outside Catholicism. What I saw frightened me…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

2 Nov 30, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Religious Mergers in Health Care

Do you have increasing numbers of mergers between health care facilities occurring in you community or state? Do the mergers involve one or…

Started by Liz E

5 Nov 26, 2013
Reply by Liz E

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service