All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (211)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why isn't religion inspired harassment and ostracism illegal or a hate-crime?

It seems to me that religion incites the harassment of its critics and enemies by millions of it followers.  They send down their military…

Started by eric stone

10 Dec 11
Reply by Joan Denoo

Richard Dawkins speaks to a Hasidic rabbi on religious day schools and evolution

(Warning: there's a loud noise at 0:48. Be careful if you're wearing earphones!) Richard Dawkins speaks strongly about young-Earth-crea…

Started by Grinning Cat

6 Dec 4
Reply by Grinning Cat

Science vs Religion

Most of us are quite  critical of religion, including myself........However, I do feel that religion and science  can co-exist.............…

Started by Freethinker31

1 Nov 23
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Christiany does more harm than good

Valerie Tarico I think she nicely describes point by point why religion is harmful.  One of her main points is about tribalism - which I t…

Started by Daniel W

20 Nov 20
Reply by James M. Martin

Religion and Violence in History -- C-SPAN2 Author Interview on Nov 16

Karen Armstrong--on November 16 at 8:45 PM Eastern--talks for just under an hour on her book Fields of Blood: Religion and the History of V…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

3 Nov 17
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

The Good News Club: R. Elisabeth Cornwell interviews Katherine Stewart

"The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children. The Good News Club turned up at her children's elementary school in Santa B…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Oct 22
Reply by eric stone

Saudi activist sentenced to 10 years, 1,000 lashes for insulting Islam

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/07/world/meast/saudi-activist-sentenced Anyone know if we get anything besides Oil from these assholes?

Started by eric stone

4 Sep 11
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

Santorum: Call Secularism A Religion So We Can Ban It From Public Schools.

Can secularism be removed from public schools without removing everything? Without closing the schools? I quit Catholicism when I was 26. T…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

16 Sep 11
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

What if human beings never had gods

I was watching the news the other day, about the ongoing war and terror in the middle east, which of course at its core is about religion,…

Started by TC

18 Aug 13
Reply by TC

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian re:  ethics, morals, faith, reason, philosophy an…

Started by Joan Denoo

16 Jul 27
Reply by Luara

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service