All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (204)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What if human beings never had gods

I was watching the news the other day, about the ongoing war and terror in the middle east, which of course at its core is about religion,…

Started by TC

18 Aug 13
Reply by TC

The Good News Club: R. Elisabeth Cornwell interviews Katherine Stewart

"The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children. The Good News Club turned up at her children's elementary school in Santa B…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 Aug 1
Reply by Michael Penn

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian re:  ethics, morals, faith, reason, philosophy an…

Started by Joan Denoo

16 Jul 27
Reply by Luara

Religious liberty belongs to everyone, not just the religious right

Religious liberty belongs to everyone, not just the religious right "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Jul 23

Birth control and family planning critical to the survival of life as we know it.

This is a 2012 video and pertinent today as then. The church has committed a massive crime against the Earth by insisting on increasing pop…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Jul 6
Reply by Sentient Biped

How I respond to request for contributions to candidates

We atheists support your cause but we need your hlep in getting religion out of the government, off our backs and out of our pockets.  Help…

Started by eric stone

0 Apr 28

Free Will and Determinism Provide Philosophy Professors with Job Security. Free Will Provides Religionists with...

...Free will provides religionists with a means to inculcate guilt and shame, and to gain control. Is it possible to not remember having be…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

5 Apr 11
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Did You Ever Go to a Church Service and See a Corporation There?

It's time for some satire, directed at the US Supreme Court's conservatives! Two corporations have argued that the Affordable Care Act viol…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Mar 28
Reply by Loren Miller

Divine placebo

I propose to review potential placebo effects of religion and how these may explain why religious beliefs and practices are so common acros…

Started by Patrik Lindenfors

0 Mar 14

"I Think / Therefore ...." WHAT?

I've been listening to a Teaching Company course titled Tools of Thinking. One of its lectures concerns Rene Descartes, who in his time was…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Mar 1
Reply by Acciaccatura G Major

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service