Atheist Nexus Logo

All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (221)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do You Cohere? Tightly? Moderately? Loosely?

After you have joined an organization, here the fictional XYZ Society, do you tell your friends: 1. I have joined XYZ. 2. I'm an XYZ member…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 May 26
Reply by jay H

Nationalism Is A Form of Religion

I knew a guy who quit religion and after being in the Army became a super-patriot. I took a while to understand the change I saw and then t…

Started by tom sarbeck

131 May 6
Reply by tom sarbeck

Corporate Nation Under God

In discussions with others on Atheist Nexus, they recommended a site that I find insightful. Genealogy of religion: Explorations in Evoluti…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 May 1
Reply by Gerald Payne

Religous names and Freedom of Association

"Freedom of association is the right to join or leave groups of a person's own choosing" (from Wikipedia) If someone has a religious name…

Started by Ross

0 May 1

Religion and Population in 2050. What is our role?

The Pew Research Center released a new report on expectations for religion in 2050.  It's not that far away, although if I am not fully dea…

Started by Daniel W

20 Apr 17
Reply by sk8eycat

The English Language's Two Best Uses: Poetry and Fraud.

It's good for poetry because it has so many synonyms with different shades of meaning. It's good for fraud because the shades of meaning ar…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Apr 17

Give Me That Old Time Religion

April Damn Fool, folks. Ditto for New Time religion, Now, back to the important stuff: my chocolate walnut ice cream sundae on wednesday,

Started by tom sarbeck

9 Apr 3
Reply by Michael Penn

Provide more education about religion, Islam, Christianity; challenge ancient myths, harmful ideas told as fact

This is another re-title of this piece. Thanks, Tom, for your suggestions.  We must offend religion more: Islam, Christianity and our tole…

Started by Joan Denoo

236 Mar 28
Reply by Idaho Spud

Are more Americans becoming disconnected with religion?

Are more Americans becoming disconnected with religion? Of course more citizens of the USA disconnect from religion. Just look around you i…

Started by Joan Denoo

18 Mar 25
Reply by Grinning Cat

Article alert: It's about RELIGION, stupid!

I recommend to all my fellow heretics the cover story of this month's Atlantic.  "What ISIS Really Wants" makes it eminently clear that def…

Started by Alan Perlman

34 Mar 24
Reply by Alan Perlman

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service