All Discussions Tagged 'reason' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A NEW BOOK OF QUOTATIONS: A Testament to Truth

A NEW BOOK OF QUOTATIONS: A Testament to Truth Dear Members and Friends For 12 years I have been preparing a run of four books called Testa…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

2 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by John Aultman

Education, Detroit style. Template for a better future (worldwide) imho:

hrmmm... solutions indeed. imho.. the solutions begin at these 'free schools' that i keep hearing about up north. kids/young adults demandi…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 May 22, 2012
Reply by John D

Godless Prophets Podcast

Hello all....We have in the last month started a podcast titled Godless Prophets. Godless Prophets Podcast: a North Carolina based podca…

Started by Bradley Freeman

4 May 5, 2012
Reply by godlessprophets

Should You Be Offended When I Tell You That You're Wrong?

Are people generally rational or irrational and has that changed over the course of history?   Rationality is the operation of reason; the…

Started by Andrew Altomare

19 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by booklover

Creationism: we have the same data but different interpretations.

Just a plea for some help really. Been arguing back and forth with a creationist on facebook - he's just pulled out the "we just have diff…

Started by Richard Healy

14 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Madhukar Kulkarni

“People have come here because they want respect,” ~ Russia. Even Gorbachev's talking now!

http://freeinternetpress.com/story/AntiPutin-Protest-Draws-Largest-Crowd-Since-1991-Gorbachev-Urges-Putin-To-Step-Down-33219.htmlA stage at…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

2 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Theravada Buddhism, atheism, and clearing up some misconceptions

A few people have made erroneous claims about the beliefs of Theravada Buddhists (and Buddhists in general) so I thought I’d do a basic…

Started by David Raphael

1 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by KillerDiller

You can't handle the truth: the psychology of denial

Found this interesting enough to share. Enjoy :) http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/culture/video-why-you-cant-handle-the-truth-the-psyc

Started by Wanda Wilson

4 Aug 6, 2011
Reply by Torkoal (Gotta catch 'em all)

National Day of Reason proclamation read before Congress

Read into the record today by Rep. Pete Stark, the only openly atheist member of Congress. More here. Rep. Pete Stark, CA-13th District  

Started by Hugh Kramer

0 May 5, 2011

The Reason Rally! It's Happening! Spring 2012

I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been posted.   I want to attend but I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford it. I contacted them about ma…

Started by Nathan Hevenstone

1 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Goz

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service