All Discussions Tagged 'rationalism' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"I Think / Therefore ...." WHAT?

I've been listening to a Teaching Company course titled Tools of Thinking. One of its lectures concerns Rene Descartes, who in his time was…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 Mar 1
Reply by Acciaccatura G Major

THE DEATH OF GOD(?)

Satya Sai of Puttaparthi is undoubtedly the most publicized and the biggest supernaturally powerful (?) saint of present day India. Among…

Started by BIPLAB DAS

1 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by John D

What can free thinkers do to make this world a better place ?, Let us discuss how...

A lot has been said in the name of Rationalism but the struggle continues, its high time we get united and work for the common good of huma…

Started by Bwambale Robert

4 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Bwambale Robert

Should we rebrand ourselves "Rationalists"

Disclaimer: Being new to this website, it is possible this idea has come up before. If so I apologize for the repetition. Throughout histor…

Started by Daniel Paris

7 Apr 17, 2011
Reply by Hmuda

ASTROLOGER IS IN DEEP TROUBLE

PANDIT SITARAMJI MAHARAJ   Pandit Sitaramji Maharaj was lodged in room no 104 of Hotel Devarshi at Bankura town. He was there since May…

Started by BIPLAB DAS

6 May 28, 2010
Reply by Jim DePaulo

Separating Reaction from Rationalism

I will probably make myself rather unpopular in this crowd but I've about had it up to here with P.Z. Myers. A few moments ago, he tweeted…

Started by Joshua Chase

19 Apr 6, 2010

HOW A GOVERNMENT CAN PROMOTE AN ILLEGAL PROFESSION?

The ‘Science and Rationalists Association of India’ popularly known as ‘Juktibadi Samiti’ is working for eradication of superstition and ra…

Started by BIPLAB DAS

2 Feb 22, 2010
Reply by BIPLAB DAS

Is it more rational to be an atheist than a Christian?

I have for a while persuaded myself that knowledge is simply justified belief rather than justified true belief. Obviously, some justificat…

Started by Deborah

10 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by mthoreau

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service