All Discussions Tagged 'philosophy' (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I Am Good Because...

Are We REALLY ‘Good’, Or Are We Fooling Ourselves?  Tell us why...   There is a term in psychology called “illusory superiority”, also know…

Started by JP Carey

13 on Tuesday
Reply by JP Carey

'Meaning' As An Emergent Property

The responses to the question “As An Atheist, Can Your Life Have Purpose and Meaning?”, are quite varied.   Some say that the only ‘purpos…

Started by JP Carey

0 Dec 7

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian re:  ethics, morals, faith, reason, philosophy an…

Started by Joan Denoo

16 Jul 27
Reply by Luara

"Critical Thinking Crash Course" by Peter Boghossian (video, with notes)

My notes (which may or may not be helpful):"Don't believe everything you think."** Critical thinking is about discerning truth from fals…

Started by Raymond Barrett

3 Nov 24, 2013
Reply by Steph S.

Epicureanism: a Secular Doctrine for Happiness

Epicureanism is a humanist philosophical doctrine for human happiness. It requires us to make a firm resolution to live a happy life and…

Started by Hiram

10 May 30, 2013
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

A right-brain basis for atheism?

It's considered correct for atheists to insist we have values. But the values I see us testifying to come mostly from past movements and ag…

Started by Shaun Johnston

15 May 11, 2013

Does Any Rand represent your atheist philosophy?

With Paul Ryan's selection as the vice-presidential candidate with Mitt Romney, much is being made of Ayn Rand and her philosophy of "greed…

Started by Jerry Wesner

32 Apr 23, 2013
Reply by Roger Wehage

Epicureanism: a Secular Doctrine for Happiness

Epicureanism is a humanist philosophical doctrine for human happiness. It requires us to make a firm resolution to live a happy life and…

Started by Hiram

0 Dec 24, 2012

Weak vs. Strong Atheism

In presenting on my ideas on atheism in other forums, I've been told that I'm ignoring the distinction between Weak and Strong atheism. Thi…

Started by K. Foster

10 Oct 16, 2012
Reply by leveni

The "under God" and the "under": which does what kind of harm?

Do you want to play a switch in a relationship, or do you want to play the submissive in a dominant/submissive relationship? Look carefully…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

4 May 3, 2012
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service