All Discussions Tagged 'of' (78)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Was there a particular event in your life that contributed to you becoming atheist?

I'm new to this site, so I apologize ahead of time if this topic is repetitive. About a month ago, a close family member of mine passed awa…

Started by Kalista Whitney

43 on Saturday
Reply by Freethinker31

Christian Science vs. Atheist Science: which has contributed most to the "greater good" of society?

I think this question pretty much explains itself. I ask it though because of a conversation I had some weeks ago with a young lady coworke…

Started by David Maxwell

16 Jun 22
Reply by Raj

Divine placebo

I propose to review potential placebo effects of religion and how these may explain why religious beliefs and practices are so common acros…

Started by Patrik Lindenfors

0 Mar 14

Atheist Church: Do we look foolish now???

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/06/a-humanistic-cult-split-in-atheist-church-movement-leads-to-denominational-chasm/   Once I got p…

Started by Greg

21 Jan 13
Reply by k.h. ky

Sometimes I wish I had no ethics so I could get rich like this guy did.

Here's a lovely piece of journalism about the neurosurgeon con man who wrote Proof of Heaven and now tours around selling his huckery for t…

Started by Reg MM

4 Jan 8
Reply by Steph S.

As the Annual War on Christmas (and Everything Christian) Revs Up, We Can Thank James Madison ...

...for both major and minor victories. Madison's major victories (and those of other founders) are described in The Founding Fathers and th…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

1 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by k.h. ky

The Most Churches Per Square Mile On The Planet

Hi, I live the beautiful Caribbean island of Jamaica. White sands, turquoise seas, exotic birds and fauna, beautiful people, we are fortuna…

Started by Tonnerre Young

9 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Holy Horus: The Jesus Origin Exposed; The Real Truth About Religion and Its Origins, and Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Seclorum

Holy Horus: The Jesus Origin Exposed; The Real Truth About Religion and Its Origins, and Annuit Coeptis Novus Ordo Seclorum http://edwardmd…

Started by Ed Ward, MD

3 Oct 5, 2013
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Secular Party of Great Britain

I've just done a web search for "Secular Party of Great Britain" and not found one. Is it time there was one and what would its policies be…

Started by Neil Thompson

1 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by Clarence Dember

Atheism, pure or applied?

The author Eric Kaufman ends his book Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth? with the statement: Without an ideology to inspire social cohe…

Started by Daniel Gat

31 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Abigail Anonymous

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service