All Discussions Tagged 'morality' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Morality is a Culturally Conditioned Response

Morality is a Culturally Conditioned Response Jesse Prinz argues that the source of our moral inclinations is merely cultural. Suppose you…

Started by A Former Member

3 Mar 23, 2011
Reply by Jedi Wanderer

Justice: What’s the Right Thing to Do?

Watch it on Academic Earth Course Description Justice is one of the most popular courses in Harvard’s history, having taught more than 14,…

Started by A Former Member

2 Dec 16, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

vaulting the is/ought barrier

i have a theory that it is possible to root our moral value statements in the soil of reason by identifying one goal that is not just commo…

Started by kfrancist

22 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by Edward Teach

Is it Ever OK to Hate a "Belief"? An Ethical Question

In another group a gentlemen posted this comment: I am a hardcore Atheist, infact i have a tattoo on my wrist to prove it, but i dont hate…

Started by dromedaryhump

111 Jun 27, 2010
Reply by Prog Rock Girl

The death of God?

The doctor entered the room silently and deliberately. In through the door with him came a rush of cold breeze, wafting that distinctly hos…

Started by Todd Draper

6 May 26, 2010
Reply by Christopher Berman

Why I am not a humanist - Atheist Foundation of Australia

Finally some honesty and a solidly worded philosophical essay on the the tenuous relationship between atheism and humanism. Why I am Not a…

Started by TNT666

95 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Stephen Moore

Is marriage immoral?

i never did support marriage partly because of how it has become such a religious practice, and partly because if gays/lesbians/transsexual…

Started by Sam

27 Oct 9, 2009

Breaking the Myth of Morality

As anyone reading this knows, a common attack against atheism is one against our moral character. Prison statistics overwhelmingly indicate…

Started by M604

4 Feb 9, 2009
Reply by FreeThinker

Utilitarianism & Consequentialism

This is a continuation from another thread. George Kane wrote: A lot of comments have been made on this board indicating questions that p…

Started by Skylar

15 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by Pallando

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service