All Discussions Tagged 'knowledge' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MY ADDRESS TO ATHEIST UNITED CALLED "VISIONARY"

I am a believer in that old adage, “Consider the source,” so I was thrilled when a man I greatly admire for his intelligence, writing, pass…

Started by Steven Paul Leiva

0 Sep 16, 2012

Should You Be Offended When I Tell You That You're Wrong?

Are people generally rational or irrational and has that changed over the course of history?   Rationality is the operation of reason; the…

Started by Andrew Altomare

19 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by booklover

Eve and the Tree of Knowledge... Why are people not on her side?

This has been on my mind lately, hence my username.  This is my understanding of Eve's part in the creationist story: [just to say it, I kn…

Started by Eve Knows

25 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by Richard ∑wald

Quotes:

"Sometimes I don't want to see the puppeteers, sometimes I just want to see the magic therein, and sometimes I just want to pry open the at…

Started by thewoodenwand

0 Feb 23, 2012

How Would You Answer This?

Ok, that sounds good. Thanks for the discussion so far. But real quick, may I ask you this question: What is the inverse of the statement "…

Started by Nathan Hevenstone

5 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by George

Knowledge as a virtue

Can knowledge be postulated as the main virtue so that all other virtues can be derived from it?

Started by Alexey Kopchinskiy

4 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by Alexey Kopchinskiy

Wonderism, pragmatism, and prediction

I think I've got a good take on pragmatism. Any comment/criticism would be appreciated. It's a core idea of my philosophy, tying together m…

Started by Wonderist

0 Nov 24, 2009

Wonderism vs. post-modernism

I would be interested in people's take on my differentiation between Wonderism vs. post-modernism. Any critique or comment is welcome. Here…

Started by Wonderist

0 Nov 21, 2009

Cranky Old Atheists Helping Bright-eyed Younger Atheists

I love that Atheist Nexus exists as a resource and community for atheists, and I would like to make sure that we maximize that with very re…

Started by Jake kerr

49 Jul 19, 2009
Reply by Jim Mo.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service