All Discussions Tagged 'indoctrination' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Richard Dawkins speaks to a Hasidic rabbi on religious day schools and evolution

(Warning: there's a loud noise at 0:48. Be careful if you're wearing earphones!) Richard Dawkins speaks strongly about young-Earth-crea…

Started by Grinning Cat

5 Oct 17
Reply by Plinius

JESUS CAMP 2006

I'm a self made computer guru that has XBMC on my Windows system. It means I can watch pretty much anything I want anytime I want. Today I…

Started by Michael Penn

5 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

A Family Quandary: Should I speak up or stay silent?

Hey fellow nontheists, First an apology for being so inactive these past several month. I've been participating in a lot of nontheist comm…

Started by Nate Wynd

3 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Greg

Secular Comedy, The Bane of Religion/Superstition

In Australia we had a National Television (ABC) comedy satirical game show entitled: "Good News Week", where the majority of the comedians…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

8 Mar 18, 2013
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Indoctrination at its worst.

So this site where you can build a bunch of stuff (like legos) has a forum, and often times a religious arguement will start. Take a look a…

Started by Torkoal (Gotta catch 'em all)

0 Aug 7, 2011

After 20 years, I haven't completely recovered from religious influences.

Hello All,   I've been a non-Christian for about twenty years. During those twenty years, I went from hoping there was a good god (in other…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

4 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by Nils R. Bull Young

Sheep following the shepherd: How accountable is the individual?

I'm reading through a side tangent in an Atheist News bit. The tangent is in defense of the Pope for having been a member of the Hitler You…

Started by Jo Jerome

3 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Dan DuPree

Kids and the CruciFICTION

This time of year (Easter) many of the religious folks I know use this opportunity to further indoctrinate their children into the twisted…

Started by Jas Brimstone

3 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Jacob Eskridge

Just thought I'd vent out my story here...

I guess what I typed wasn't posted normally, so it's an attachment.  Go ahead and open that to read it. :)  (The first one is compatible wi…

Started by Jeremy Babcock

7 Jan 27, 2010
Reply by Dan DuPree

A question of charity

I saw an ad today for a charity funded by a popular fast food restaurant and it got me to thinking about the following question: All thing…

Started by Jas Brimstone

3 Jun 14, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service