All Discussions Tagged 'humanism' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Atheism Can Make the World Better By Tearing Down Religious Irrationality

Makes sense, but I think she assumes too much conformity among atheists, as not all of them are liberal, non-sexist, anti-authoritarian, ac…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jul 6, 2011

A short video inspired by Reason, Tolerance and Enlightenment values

I would like to present you with a short video, Words Engraved, which is inspired by Freedom of Thought and Human Rights: http://www.yo

Started by Rose Lancaster

2 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Rose Lancaster

Easy atheist activism for Flag Day

An easy way to be an atheist activist: Post a video on Flag Day informing people about the real history of the Pledge of Allegiance. See he…

Started by Dave Niose

0 Jun 7, 2011

What is Humanism to you?

Maybe this belongs in another category besides the Water Cooler, but I'd just like to know what everyone thinks of Humanism. I consider mys…

Started by Timo Ostrander

0 Apr 26, 2011

What can free thinkers do to make this world a better place ?, Let us discuss how...

A lot has been said in the name of Rationalism but the struggle continues, its high time we get united and work for the common good of huma…

Started by Bwambale Robert

4 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Bwambale Robert

Is Atheism a belief system? Should it be?

Do we all support the Scientific Method as our approach to rational thought and our rejection of Religions? Do we have Humanist principles?…

Started by Tom Williams

4 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by Gila Guerilla

On being post-theological

From Psychology Today:   On being post-theological   Is the religious impulse evolving?

Started by Dave Niose

3 Feb 27, 2011
Reply by John D

Anyone in Silicon Valley/Active with HCSV?

I know there are a number of AN users who are in the Bay Area, and probably more than a few are in Silicon Valley. Are any of you active wi…

Started by Sarah Walton

0 Dec 11, 2010

Unsure how to embrace non-theism....

This is my first post here.   I have doubted my belief in the Judeo-Christian god (I was raised in a Baptist household) since I was 16. I k…

Started by Joshua H.

10 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by GodMockingBitch

Humanism?

Hey guys,    So I got to thinking, like I usually do, about the [depressing] state of our existence in general.  I assume many people on AN…

Started by Park Bierbower

5 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Louis

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service