All Discussions Tagged 'fundamentalism' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Humanity Is Becoming Increasingly Less Violent, with One Exception -- Religious Violence The findings of a major new Pew Research Center’s study confirm the importance of secularism.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/humanity-becoming-increasingly-less-violent-one-exception-religious-violence This article has it's own 'disc…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jan 15

My short film satirizing religious fundamentalism

I'm intending to make a short film from a script I've written, COMMITTED, a darkly comical satire on religious fundamentalism. I've set up…

Started by Atheist Filmmaker

0 Mar 8, 2012

Creeping Fundamentalism

Beware of ‘creeping fundamentalism’ in your area. With challenging and reason-based arguments and questions, test the mentality of the peop…

Started by Hassan Faramarz

3 Jul 12, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Can an atheist be a fundamentalist?

Can an atheist be a fundamentalist? by AC Grayling It is time to put to rest the mistakes and assumptions that lie behind a phrase used by…

Started by A Former Member

6 Mar 17, 2011
Reply by Dennis Smith

Did religion figure in the suicide of rising programmer Bill Zeller?

Child-abuse and suicide in a fundamentalist Christian family. News + my opinion on how religion affected Zeller's life and death.   Bill Ze…

Started by Hugh Kramer

6 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Bob

Fundamentalist atheists

"You fundamentalist/militant/dogmatic/evangelical/[insert projected pejorative adjective here] atheists are just as bad as those you stand…

Started by Andrew

61 Jun 25, 2010
Reply by Abnormal

Texas School Board Rewrites American History

This story just popped up on the front page of NYT:   http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/magazine/14texbooks-t.html?pagewanted=2&hp   Th…

Started by J.P.M.

55 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Brittany Evanovich

Poe's Law group

http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/poe When satire and reality are indistinguishable, you can throw out your compass - Poe's Law.Discover,…

Started by Фелч Гроган

0 Feb 18, 2010

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

I wrote this earlier today in my blog. It turned out pretty well--this is really the first time I've been able to put into words my own jou…

Started by Kristi Leitholt

2 Jul 10, 2009
Reply by Cupcake

Native American Agnostic speaks Regarding Youtube and Atheism

This was seminal in completing a lifelong study of human influence, social justice, prejudice and belief systems. I had an epiphany at the…

Started by John Redbear Jones-Keiser

11 Apr 4, 2009
Reply by John Redbear Jones-Keiser

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Bethany Ransom updated their profile
24 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
26 minutes ago
EducationIsCool posted a video

The Responsibility of Atheists

This video argues for the necessity of the youtube & broader atheist community and what is, in my mind, the biggest responsibility of atheists on youtube and...
30 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Hiram's blog post "Against the Charlatans" Philodemus quote
1 hour ago
Trick replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
1 hour ago
Čenek Sekavec replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service