All Discussions Tagged 'friends' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you deal with being disliked / hated?

This is one of many things that I handled better when I was younger. When I was in high school, I didn't give a rat's ass what anyone thoug…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

35 yesterday
Reply by Joan Denoo

Mark Twain's "The War Prayer"

Mark Twain's "The War Prayer" Mothers, fathers, spouses, children, family, friends, loved ones pray for a son or daughter going off to war,…

Started by Joan Denoo

23 Jul 15
Reply by Joan Denoo

NPR wants to hear your story about coping or having no faith; support etc..

An NPR reporter would like to talk with people who have experienced personal tragedy and then lost their religious faith, or had no faith t…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

1 May 16, 2012
Reply by Brian George

The Benefits of Religious Friends

My best friend for nearly six years has only recently become a Born-Again Christian (within the last two years), and is adamant about being…

Started by Victoria Vann

6 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by Deep13

Religious siblings & friends

A friend of mine in medical school decided, at 40 years old, to convert to Orthodox Judaism. As a previously nontheistic woman enjoying the…

Started by Maddie

0 Dec 31, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook, that is the question

So recently I am discovering that Facebook is simply a time filler. I get almost no use out of the site. I am here on the nexus and on Link…

Started by Tom M.

37 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by CK

HAWAII

can someone point in the right direction? i want to meet others with intelligible/open mined points ove view. Alas I live on the island ove…

Started by Brad Neal

1 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by Stuart Massion

Replied to a chain email today....

It was this one: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/n/nationaldayofprayer-obama.htm Does everyone else get this crap from credulous fam…

Started by Josh Nankivel

1 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by FreeThinker

Why Religion Makes People Happier. What does it mean to us?

livescience.com  "Why Religion Makes People Happier (Hint: Not God)"*Religious people are more satisfied with their lives than nonbelievers…

Started by Sentient Biped

11 Dec 31, 2010
Reply by Sentient Biped

Friend who insists on pushing god!

What does one do with a friend who insists on pushing her religion on you despite the fact that she knows how you believe.  I have one who…

Started by LeeLah

10 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by Echo Hotel Lima

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service